BoltEV

Re: So are we all going to end up buying our cars after our leases are up?

Fri May 10, 2019 6:06 pm

GetOffYourGas wrote:Not sure whether you are implicating me in that. I take issue with the lack of built in nav too. First, it was promised to us. Second, there are plenty of trips I take into the mountains where there is no cell service and it can be easy to get lost.

Nice to see a sympathetic voice and someone else who also points out the original failed promise without getting much scorn heaped upon him on this forum!

Times have changed! :)

GetOffYourGas

Fri May 10, 2019 8:45 pm

SeanNelson wrote:
GetOffYourGas wrote:... I take issue with the lack of built in nav too. First, it was promised to us. Second, there are plenty of trips I take into the mountains where there is no cell service and it can be easy to get lost.

With Google Maps it's pretty easy to download the mapping data for a region before you go out of cell tower range. And it has an option to automatically download mapping information to take you all the way to your destination if you're using navigation.

Yes, this is a work-around, not a substitute. It requires planning ahead of time that simply is not required with a proper built-in nav. It turns out, I don't go driving into the mountains with the intent to get lost, so I would basically have to make sure to do this every trip.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

Lithim

Sat May 11, 2019 7:58 pm

Leased my 2012 electric car (non-Bolt) in 2013 thru Ally finance. Toward the end of the lease (two years) I contacted Ally to ask about a reduction in the residual value for a purchase of the car. They did not want to talk at all. When the lease came due due I went to the dealer to turn in the car and mentioned to the salesman my interest in purchasing the vehicle. He called the finance company and in a short time I was offered a reasonable price for the car that was substantially below the residual value in my contact. I purchased the car and am still driving it today.
Leasing worked out for me due to the very low monthly lease price, minimal down payment and the federal tax rebate was calculated into the lease price.
Stay charged my friend
2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev
Silver with DC/DC QC
Owned, previously leased

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”