WetEV

Re: Electrify America rolls out new app and prices

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:56 am

Thanks, I've signed up. Hard to find in the play store, I opened the EA site, found the name of the ?developer? on EA's site. Search the play store for that.

https://www.electrifyamerica.com/mobile-app
#49 on the LEAF 100 mile club.
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red
2014 Leaf SL Red
Can't sit in a Bolt seat, hoping for better soon.
Or perhaps a Buick version? Buick Electra 225???

SparkEVPilot

Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 pm

Let's hope they can get the bugs worked out of their chargers. I have tried about 15 different EA chargers and only 3 worked! I think it would be useful for Spark EV and Bolt EV drivers to post their experiences on this forum so we all can see if EA is making progress or not. When the chargers work, they work great!

7 June - I tried 4 more new EA chargers in Patterson, CA. 1 had a frozen screen and the other three would not accept a credit card payment.
Last edited by SparkEVPilot on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulgipe

Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:48 pm

Pismo Beach Fashion Mall station still not on line. Taken off plugshare. Kiosks have been in for some time. Still plastic wrapped.

Paul
Paul Gipe
2017 Bolt LT with DCFC, leased 11/09/17
2015 Nissan S with QC, leased, returned
2013 Chevy Volt Premium, used, sold
L2; ClipperCreek HCS-40; Jesla; JDapter Stub
www.wind-works.org

JeffN

Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:57 pm

SparkEVPilot wrote:Let's hope they can get the bugs worked out of their chargers. I have tried about 15 different EA chargers and only 3 worked! I think it would be useful for Spark EV and Bolt EV drivers to post their experiences on this forum so we all can see if EA is making progress or not. When the chargers work, they work great!

7 June - I tried 4 more new EA chargers in Patterson, CA. 1 had a frozen screen and the other three would not accept a credit card payment.

I’m curious about whether it will be possible to successfully initiate a payment using the phone app on charging dispensers that are not succeeding with using a physical credit card.

JeffN

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:34 pm

I just wrote up a status report on the rollout of California sites versus the rest of the country.

https://electricrevs.com/2019/06/13/wit ... alifornia/

Kirknc

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:57 am

JeffN wrote:I just wrote up a status report on the rollout of California sites versus the rest of the country.

https://electricrevs.com/2019/06/13/wit ... alifornia/

Forgive those of us outside California if we laugh at this. In most parts of the country outside of metro areas, level 3 chargers can be few and far between. The entire state of West Virginia has none. From my perspective, EA is filling in holes along major interstates so now, for example, I can drive to Raleigh from DC and actually be able to find more then one working charger. California on the other hand seems to have them on every corner.

EA chargers seem to struggle on initial installation but in a short time, at least on the I95 corridor, work quite well. They have been a huge improvement in level 3 options on the east coast.

Return to “Batteries and Charging”