Can I leave my AC on for Dog while shopping?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobo

Say for an hour or so.? Ya or nay?
What about someone stealing car?
And...What about Key Fob location in respect to car location?
Thanks..

There's a section in the owner's manual that tells you how to do it. Also several posts on various forums about this.
IIRC, you can leave the A/C on for about 20 minutes. But...if someone walks by, how do they know? Maybe they would call the police or break your window to "save" your dog.

Thank you.
I was thinking about leaving a sign in the car window regarding the dog. :D
I am new at this forum, so should search more, for previous topics.

I leave my Bolt EV "on" with the doors locked (radio muted, lights off, and climate off) when I go eat and want to charge my iPhone.

I find that it shuts itself off after a period of time; maybe 20 minutes.

It used to unlock the doors at that point, but that seems to have been fixed with updates.

The Chevy Volt had a workaround with a heavy rubber band holding the button on the left side of the shifter in; but I have not tried this yet on the Bolt EV.

I have heard (haven't tried it) that if you
(1) leave the vehicle in neutral (set the parking brake, of course!)
(2) exit thru the *passenger door* instead of the driver door

that the car will not turn off.

(this was mentioned in the "use your vehicle as emergency power source" thread)

Also, if you just leave it on and it turns off, you should be able use the "mychevrolet" app to "remote start" the vehicle after it times out and turns off (which will start the A/C up at the last setting it was on). I think that you can only "remote start" twice per "park session".

From the manual (this pertains to using the key fob "remote start"):
Extending Vehicle Run Time

The vehicle run time can also be extended by another 20 minutes, if after 30 seconds and during the first 20 minutes Steps 1 and 2 are repeated while the vehicle is running. This provides a total of 40 minutes.

Use remote start to heat or cool the interior when the vehicle is plugged in to maximize electric range by utilizing electricity from the electrical outlet. Normal operation of the system will return after the vehicle has been turned on.

1. Press and release Q on the RKE transmitter.

2. Immediately press and hold / for at least four seconds or until the turn signal lamps flash.
. The RKE transmitter is in the vehicle.
. The hood is not closed.
. The hazard warning flashers are on.
. The malfunction indicator lamp is on.

The remote start can only be extended once.

Conditions in Which Remote Start Will Not Work

The remote vehicle start feature will not operate if:

A maximum of two remote starts, or a single start with an extension, are allowed between ignition cycles using POWER .

Back