When I use paddle brake on steering wheel, does brake light come on?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bobo said:

Go for a drive at night and try it. You should see the red glow reflection in the rear view mirror. (unless you have the Premier with the rear view camera).
I think I saw that it lights up for L regen-ing. Not sure about D. I would imagine so.

I think I read somewhere that it comes on at a pre-programmed deceleration, i.e. a certain negative g, but it won't be on when you are at a complete stop unless your foot is on the brake pedal

Yes. It is based on how quickly you decelerate, though. If, for example, you press the paddle, but keep your foot on the accelerator to maintain speed, your lights will not come on.

Bolt2019 said:
Go for a drive at night and try it. You should see the red glow reflection in the rear view mirror. (unless you have the Premier with the rear view camera).

You can turn the camera on and off by flipping the mirror up and down. It's a good thing too, because mine spends much of the winter caked in road crud. I run the spray to clean it off and it's messy 5 seconds later. I tend to just turn it back to a glass mirror during road salt season.

Back