Infotainment Weirdness

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnanna

Picked up a certified, used 2017 Bolt Premier.
Love this car as transportation it's awesome!
Some strange goings on though with the stereo side of the infotainment system.
I use a USB drive with playlists to listen to music. In the middle of a tune, the system will cut to the radio for a few seconds then back to the music. I thought maybe the bass was too high and was sucking current to the amp until it also does the opposite... radio cuts out to USB.
When this gets too annoying, I pull the USB and all is well. Maybe it has to do with the USB flash memory manufacturer, I don't know.
The other thing is that the 3/8 inch audio connection marked "AUX" is flat out dead.
Using the Google app to connect to the system is pretty flaky. when I first got the car and did the bluetooth pairing, all was well.
Then it just quit. Re-pairing does not help and I can't get the key pass to set up via the phone. The Chevy app works to read the charge, but there is no two way communication. The system recognizes the Moto-G phone, but doesn't go beyond that.
Anyone with a similar experience?

Mine has been rock solid so far. But since you got the extra wty, just use it. Maybe it needs a software update. My Bluetooth seems fine although I USB to use Google Maps, at least once I figured out that not all cables are Apple CarPlay compatible.

As for the App, I couldn't get it to work at all even after getting 3 free months of OnStar. The problem seems to be that the app conflicts with the KeyPass thing. I reinstalled the app, and didn't set up Keypass, and now I have no trouble with the app remotely doing preconditioning, etc. Except that it can't talk to the car when it's in my garage, but outside no issues.

Back