Increasing CarPlay audio volume while keeping notifications volume low?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheR

New owner here. Loving my car. And my first time with CarPlay so it’s exciting.

I noticed that podcasts played through CarPlay are much softer and lower volume than say, XM or FM radio. So when I start podcasts I increase the volume but when I do that, the incoming notifications like WhatsApp become extremely loud.

Is there a way to tweak audio playback to be louder while not increasing entire system audio volume?

I don't use WhatsApp, but the next time you hear a notification from it, try turning the volume knob.

I've noticed that if I turn the volume knob when navigation apps announce directions, that adjusts the volume of that only. I've used Carplay with my iPhone 8 w/a '18 Hyundai Elantra and '19 Nissan Altima and IIRC, the behavior was the same. There multiple multiple volume controls, some context sensitive.

Oh ok - I will try that. It is difficult because those tones are quite short.

Having said that, is there a way to match the CarPlay audio (podcasts, specifically) to the main radio volume? I can of course turn up the volume when CarPlay is playing but that means if I switch to FM or XM, it will be super-loud :-(

Back