How Much I Paid for My Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2019 Bolt Premier with DCFC, Infotainment, Driver Confidence II and black logos. MSRP $43,725. Purchased at $37,725 + DMV fees and taxes from Premier Chevrolet in Buena Park. Three dealers had settled at $5,500 below MSRP, which makes me think there's a package of GM incentives to dealers that total $5,500. One dealer dropped to $5,700 below before holding the line, the other one went to $6,000 below (where I made the purchase). Bought on 12/27/18. Not sure if I could have gotten more on 12/31 but that wouldn't be convenient for me.

Bought from Team Chevy DGDG in Vallejo, CA. Great experience with their sales team there. Bought 2019 LT Summit White, DCFC, comfort and convenience pkg, confidence pkg, + bonus items: black emblems, all weather floor mats and cargo mat, cargo net, false floor for trunk. $37,700 OTD. I used credit card for a down payment of $2500, in order to get my 1.5% cashback reward. Plan to use the CA clean air rebate to pay it off. If i had to do it all over i would have applied for a new credit card with 0% interest for 12 months and a huge bonus for spending a large sum within the first few months. Felt like it was a fair deal for a car with MSRP of $39,885. Love this car so far. Shout out to K. Elmi our sales guy and his team. Best car buying experience ever.

rwill said:
xgashole said:
Dealer Discount ($2,071.00)
Dealer Total $41,055.00
Sales Tax To MA $2,422.00
Title To MA $75.00
Registration To MA $42.50
License Plates MA "EV" $0.00
TOTAL $43,594.50
MA rebate ($2500.00)
Fed tax credit ($7500.00)
FINAL COST $33,594.00

Did you not research the dealer discounts that Quirk is offering before you bought yours? They've been doing $7500 off as a dealer discount for like the past year and a half. Why would you buy from any other dealer? Especially if you are already in Massachusetts?

I never understand when I talk to fellow Bolt owners and find out they paid full rate when Quirk is giving these things away.

I know, I know. But I've never liked Quirk and it's a pain to drive to Braintree. I am very happy with my dealer 3 miles away. In the first month I went in for a tire pressure issue 3 times and was grateful for the short trip. I know I can use any Chevy dealer's service but I feel I get treated better because my dealer's service managers know I bought the car from them.

Hey all! New Bolt owner here ( also own a 2015 Spark EV ). I bought a 2019 Premier w/ the Driver Confidence Package for $33,600 OTD. I was planning on buying an off lease Bolt, hoping for a $20k price, but I couldn't turn down a brand new one now, for what will be ~$26,100 all said and done. I bought at Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg, MD, and drove it nearly 500 miles to my home near Charlotte, NC.

What options did you get with your Premier? Does that include the $7500 tax rebate? You got 26000 off the list price?

I found the kinetic blue 2019 Bolt LT that I dreamed of at Starling Chevrolet in St. Cloud, FL. With every bell and whistle feature available, I ended up with taxes and title paying $36,300. It was a very good deal on a brand new car. Only complaint I had with the dealership is them tacking on Accessories at $995 after the deal was verbally made, accessories which were already on the car (tint, pinstripe and lifetime nitrogen)! I told them take the pinstripe and tint off or the deal is off. They hemmed and hawed, but eventually did remove the features and the $995.

jimbo62 said:
I Only complaint I had with the dealership is them tacking on Accessories at $995 after the deal was verbally made, accessories which were already on the car (tint, pinstripe and lifetime nitrogen)! I told them take the pinstripe and tint off or the deal is off. They hemmed and hawed, but eventually did remove the features and the $995.
Congrats on sticking to your guns. That would have been $1000 out of your pocket for crapola which added no value to you.

My dealer tried the hard-sell on an extended warranty.

jack vines

I paid about $31k for my new 2019. It was discounted about 9600.
It is not a premier model.
Plus I should get 7500 tax credit, which ended at the end of April 2019... I think. For my 2019 taxes.
Plus I should get 2500 cash from state of OR. Already sent my paperwork in to OR.

Now I see new Bolts even discounted more. 10K ... even 12K.
I see new Bolts for 28/29K. WOW!! I am on CA/OR border.

Why is this so? Maybe because of the Tesla Model 3?
I see a lot of these Tesla cars in my area. And truckloads of Tesla headed north on the freeway to the Portland area.

Just picked up a Bolt Premier fully loaded for $32,226 out the door. MSRP was $43,510 or so. After the $3750 federal credit the net price will be just under $28,500. No state rebate but no sales tax in NJ on EVs.

No other dealer would come close to that number, but I think getting $34,000 out the door (excluding any sales tax if your state has one) is possible right now.

I took delivery of my 2019 Premier with DCFC, Driver Confidence II package just on 9/14/19. MSRP was $43510. After Chevy rebates ($6500) and NYS rebate ($2000) but without Federal incentive consideration I took it home for $31099. That figure includes destination charge but not taxes and fees. I am satisfied with my price!

I decided to buy the Bolt and then went to 3 dealers, demonstrating that I was knowledgeable about the car. I let each dealer know I was working with other dealers up front and asked for their best price. The dealer I bought from gave me confidence that they knew the car's features, was easy to work with, without pressure sales techniques, and gave me the lowest price while giving me best value for my trade in.

One dealer I decided against because I did not hit it off with the sales manager, even though their advertised price was the best they tried bait and switch. The last dealer kept on saying they wouldn't be beat on price, like 4 times during our discussion, but he was.

NJBolt said:
Just picked up a Bolt Premier fully loaded for $32,226 out the door. MSRP was $43,510 or so. After the $3750 federal credit the net price will be just under $28,500. No state rebate but no sales tax in NJ on EVs.

No other dealer would come close to that number, but I think getting $34,000 out the door (excluding any sales tax if your state has one) is possible right now.

Not having a state rebate but no sales tax on EVs is better than NYS in real money. NYS has a $2000 rebate, but you pay sales tax on the gross offer before rebates, including manufacturer rebates and their own state rebate. My sales tax exceeded the NYS rebate in real money.

I just put a deposit on a Premier for $33k out the door (including MD tax). MSRP $44,295. Should be picking up later this week.

I saw this last week: painted on the rear widow on New Bolts in my neck of the woods. $15,000 off MSRP.
These cars did did not last very long on the dealers lot.

New owner as of yesterday - first EV, first GM. Paid 30490 for kinetic blue Premier, DC Fast charge, infotainment and driver confidence 2 packages. MSRP 44130. The dealer with the best advertised price was in a rural area of central Minnesota 100 miles from my house so it did involve a bit of a road trip. Too bad my state has no tax credit, in fact they charge a $75 extra fee annually for registration of an EV. Net after adding TTL and subtracting the fed tax credit will come to 29515.

Bought a '19 Grey Premier w/ infotainment and DC2 yesterday:

MSRP: $43,735
Price: $29,801.68
Price+Taxes: $31,654.68

Last day to get the $3,750 federal + the $5,000 Colorado rebate.

I traded in my '17 LT Bolt, which had $2,500 worth of back bumper/light damage. They gave me $16,500 for it.

So it will cost me about $3,900 to go from the '17 LT to the '19 Premier.

Anyone looking to buy a 2020 LT,Criswell Chevrolet just outside DC has 3 priced at $25,235+TTL. They're good folks to deal with. I've bought 2 cars from them the past 18 months and I drove 1050 miles each way to make the deals. Sadly,all 3 at that price are white! They also have 4 others a bit more expensive.
https://www.criswellchevrolet.com/VehicleDetails/new-2020-Chevrolet-Bolt_EV-5dr_Wgn_LT-Gaithersburg-MD/3564938343

2020 Bolt LT
Slate Gray Metallic
DC Fast charging
Comfort and convenience pkg.
Driver confidence pkg. 1, 2.
All weather floor mats
39,940 retail with above options + destination charge.

Leased for 39mo. 15k/yr allowance
312.20/month. 313.00 initial payment.
Total will be 12176 over 39 months.

My '16 Leaf was 238.00/month, 3000 down.
Or... 12996 over 42 months for a car with half the power and less than half the battery!

The times they are a' changin'!!!

Go see Alex at
John Elway Chevrolet
Englewood, CO

2020 Black Bolt LT
DC Fast Charging

Prob not the best deal but I didn't try very hard tbh. There was $12k in discounts applied that was also taxed.
$24200 +TTL, freight, and doc fee.
-1000 DP
$26524 OTD or $24649 (after the $1875 Fed tax rebate)

SF Bay Area here. I was looking for a 2020 LT, but they were being sold before I could make a deal. I found a used 2019 Premier with only 600 miles on it. $33k out the door. I don’t qualify for the tax credit, so it was a no brainer. Infotainment and comfort and convenience II.

I am considering leasing a 2020 Premier for 36 months / 30000 miles and have a quote from a dealer in CO:

MSRP: $44175.00
Selling Price: $42992.50
Cash Down: $1115.59
Rebates: $7750
Net Cap Cost: $36485.80
Residual: 53%
Money Factor: .00083

I am new to leasing. From what I understand so far, this selling price might be quite high. Would closer to $35K be reasonable? Also, it sounds like the general advice is to not put any cash down?

Thanks!

Back