How Much I Paid for My Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bolt 2020 Premier
with Bose speaker infotainment system
DC Fast Charging
and drive confidence II package

Dark Grey color
$31,000

This is in GA and there is no more state tax rebate. I couldn't find any better price in Atlanta metro area.

Vin said:
Bolt 2020 Premier
with Bose speaker infotainment system
DC Fast Charging
and drive confidence II package

Dark Grey color
$31,000

This is in GA and there is no more state tax rebate. I couldn't find any better price in Atlanta metro area.

Which dealer did you go to? I'm currently looking in the Atlanta Metro area, and would love a recommendation.

2020 blue LT with DC fast, comfort convenience pack, driver confidence, blue metallic, floor mats
sticker $39,840
Paid lease up front for roughly $1000 savings
discounts: dealer, costco $3K, first responder (healthcare pro)

36 month lease total was $7010 included everything - lease acquisition, doc, dmv and tax.
dealer in san jose
Hoping for the state rebate of $2K and pge $800 at which point car would be $4200 for 3 years.

Picked up my second Bolt this past Saturday, 9/12. A $43,735 MSRP Premier. Leased it, a 36 month, 10k mile a year "One Pay" lease. $5,618 total cost out the door. Paid for about $640 of that with GM Buypower credit card rewards and I will be getting a $5,000 dollar rebate check from the state of New Jersey. $39,150 selling price before incentives. I got $6,750 in lease cash, $3,000 Costco incentive and $1,500 in lease loyalty. All told, it cost me negative 28 dollars. It makes my other Bolt LT look expensive. There was no Costco rebate in February so I was only able to get one of those for a total cost of $624 dollars after rebates.

oilerlord said:
ssspinball said:
I will almost certainly be leasing as car technology (powertrain + autonomous driving) is changing at the fastest rate in the history of the automobile and it makes economic sense to take advantage of EV rebates multiple times while they still exist.

Good call. I wonder how many folks are going to outright buy the car, and further, if this EV's resale value will hold - or drop like a stone like other compliance cars. I'm guessing it will be the latter. In a couple of years, If it's value drops by 50% (or more), it would become the used car deal of the century.

Your ideas are intriguing to me & I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. ;)

oilerlord said:
ssspinball said:
I will almost certainly be leasing as car technology (powertrain + autonomous driving) is changing at the fastest rate in the history of the automobile and it makes economic sense to take advantage of EV rebates multiple times while they still exist.
Good call. I wonder how many folks are going to outright buy the car, and further, if this EV's resale value will hold - or drop like a stone like other compliance cars. I'm guessing it will be the latter. In a couple of years, If it's value drops by 50% (or more), it would become the used car deal of the century.

Looking at http://www.cargurus.com , prices on used 2017 Bolts are starting at $14K for Bolts w/ 70-90K miles. Setting the filter to < 55k miles, there are some at that price w/ 30-40k miles (many in AZ). Setting the filter to "only within 500 miles of SF" , the are a LOT of Bolts < $16K with <45K miles only one DCFC from SF, and also a bunch <150 miles from SF.

Heck, I just noticed one 10 miles from SF : $15K, 14K miles !!

LESS THAN 50% of original price - used car deal of the century !!

Explaining how much I got my Bolt for is complicated. . .
It's a black 2017 with 66k miles. I got it for $10,700 OTD because I did a thing with my friend who is a dealer where I "traded" in my eSpark to him for $6400 and he sold it to my friend on the spot for that same amount. So I mean, out the door if we include the amount I traded the car in + tax + registration it was about 17,000 out the door for a mid spec Bolt. Pays to know people in high places. :D

The car though had the issue where the wheel wouldn't return to center so that will cost me $450 to get fixed. Overall I got it for a great deal, especially in it's condition and mileage. I personally dug around in it and saw nothing wrong with the suspension setup as is common with some Bolts. New Supercharging software, and the interior is in good condition, anything I don't like I can detail personally. Taking it on a 600+ mile Bouldering/Canyoneering/Ghost town exploring trip this wednesday to monday the 12th.

10/3/20 we picked up a 2020 Bolt LT with DCFC, convenience pkg, confidence pkg I&II from Bob Stall in La Mesa (San Diego) for $26,695. Lease return discount, no Costco or other affiliated discounts. Our friends bought one at the same time for 3k less with the Costco discount. Travis Anderson was our Internet sales guy, [email protected]. No BS, no surprises. That's an all in price with all taxes and fees. I am only interested in the out-the-door price--not the sale price.

Unfortunately they don't ship. This was a 500 mile, 14-hour round trip for us so it wasn't taken lightly.

They were offering a lease for 7,500 for 36 mos.

Paul

I paid $29990 for a 2020 Bolt Premier with the Bose audio system and the Confidence II package. It is Cajun Red. This was in central Minnesota.

Paid $23.5k for a CPO 2018 Bolt Premier in NJ two weeks ago. Has 15k miles on the clock. Has both the Driver Confidence Package and the Infotainment Package.

Liked a 2020 White Premier Bolt at the dealer, in Utah. Was going to take a look at a 2017. This 2020 was MSPP at about $43,500 ish.

I asked them to give me the best price they could and they gave me $29k.

They wanted my trade in which I'd not had more than $5000 as offers from other places. they gave me $6,000

Also used the Costco deal on top of the dealer and GM deals too, just in case you weren't aware of that one.

I'm happy. Got the car for $26k out the door. they made money on it too I assume. I'm sure I could have haggled a little more but I was okay with the deal.

Been shopping for a new 2020 Premier, the best price so far is 27.5k OTD. 3 Year lease deals are awful in Ky, was quoted 10k one pay. I found a couple of nice 17's, one was 17.5k OTD with 19,000 mi perfect condition. Wonder if the just announced battery issue for 17-19's will lower the price a little? I wouldn't be afraid to buy one if the price was right. Wondering if it might effect cost of insurance though.

I picked up a new 2020 Bolt. It's an LT in Kinetic Blue with with the Comfort and Convenience Package, Driver Confidence I and II Packages, DC Fast Charging, Black Bow Ties, and a Cargo Net. MSRP $40,475. Dealer Price $36,499. Then I picked up $500 in Chevy Military Veteran Discount, $8500 Manufacturer's Rebate, $3000 Coscto Rebate. Net Cost = $24,499.

I've looked at and drove 3 2017 Bolts. One really stands out above the rest with less than 20k mi. A pristine LT. 2 weeks ago it was $19.500, last week 17.5 and now 15.5. I'm thinking 14k and I'll take my chances with whatever becomes of the battery situation.

Rocko said:
I'll take my chances with whatever becomes of the battery situation.
I have less than no worries about the battery situation. Just set your charging instruction to hilltop reserve and don't give it another thought.

jack vines

Rocko said:
I've looked at and drove 3 2017 Bolts. One really stands out above the rest with less than 20k mi. A pristine LT. 2 weeks ago it was $19.500, last week 17.5 and now 15.5. I'm thinking 14k and I'll take my chances with whatever becomes of the battery situation.

Hi Rocko,

We look forward to having you join the Bolt EV family. Once you've found your perfect model, please e-mail us at [email protected] with your VIN. We can check to confirm if the vehicle you purchase is included in this recall. In the meantime, you can visit www.chevy.com/boltevrecall or contact the Chevrolet EV Concierge 1-833-EVCHEVY (available Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 7:00pm EST) or contact your preferred Chevrolet EV dealer to learn more about this recall.

Dani C.

On cargurus at the moment, a SLEW of 2017 Bolts for $14K (or less) ...

$12.8k, 60k miles
$13.7k, 66k miles
$13.7k, 49k miles
$14k, 40k miles
$14k, 54k miles
$14k, 44k miles
$14k, 45k miles
$14k, 50k miles
$14k, 61k miles
$14k, 78k miles

{ ... skipping a bunch and only looking at lower mileage Bolts ... }

27k miles : $14.8k