air conditioner problem

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roperld

Today the air conditioner in my CBEV quit putting out cold air while I was driving.

After I got home and the car sat for about 30 minutes I started the car and turned the air conditioner on and turned the temperature down to LO and then back up; then cold air started coming out.

roperld said:
Today the air conditioner in my CBEV quit putting out cold air while I was driving.

After I got home and the car sat for about 30 minutes I started the car and turned the air conditioner on and turned the temperature down to LO and then back up; then cold air started coming out.

There's a TSB for this:

#17-NA-049: No Heat and/or Cooling, Temperature Control Setting Does Not Match What is Selected on Heater and Air Conditioning

There's a previous thread about this, too:
http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6172

Funny, I often have the issue where the AC is turning on when I have specifically set it to NOT do so. Not sure which issue is worke though.

gbobman said:
Funny, I often have the issue where the AC is turning on when I have specifically set it to NOT do so. Not sure which issue is worke though.
The Bolt has an automatic defrost feature that is set to "on" by default. This will cause the A/C and or heat to come on when you don't want it to. You can go into the climate settings and turn this feature "off".

Back