Electronics Failure?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsg

I turned on the 2017 Bolt this afternoon and suddenly numerous electronic functions became either inoperable or extremely sluggish. the home screen button would take 5 or 10 seconds to revert back to the home screen. The cameras icon was blanked out, even when stopped and the phone function buttons became extremely sluggish too. I couldn't get the android phone to connect with the car and even the air button took about 10 seconds to work and the screen display didn't show the air intensity (segmented meters) correctly.

I turned off the car twice and also reset the car to factory defaults but this didn't help. Now I am charging it to full to see if that makes a difference.

Anybody else have this happen, and, if so, how do you resolve it? Did you have to bring it in for repair?

Thanks!
Jerry

Sounds like everything wrong was just the center interface? You could try rebooting the radio by holding the next and home buttons until the Bolt EV screen appears. This has fixed most issues for me.

PV1 said:
Sounds like everything wrong was just the center interface? You could try rebooting the radio by holding the next and home buttons until the Bolt EV screen appears. This has fixed most issues for me.

Great, thanks. I will definitely try that when its done charging..

Try the radio first. Usually, letting the car charge gives the radio enough time to fully shut down, and that might be enough without rebooting it.

Usually, my radio will hang at a black screen when I desperately need heat or A/C, which of course is problematic as these are controlled by the radio.

PV1 said:
Try the radio first. Usually, letting the car charge gives the radio enough time to fully shut down, and that might be enough without rebooting it.

Usually, my radio will hang at a black screen when I desperately need heat or A/C, which of course is problematic as these are controlled by the radio.

Thanks for replying!
I charged the car fully and that seems to have fixed it. I did try pressing the next button and the home button at the same time (after I turned the car on) but that didn't seem to do anything. I am assuming the "next" button (it doesn't say "next" but instead has a right-facing arrow) is the one just above the home button, correct?

Thanks!
Jerry

Yes. You’ll need to hold both down until the radio reboots. Takes about 10 seconds, IIRC. Haven’t had to do mine in a while.

Glad it’s working now.

PV1 said:
Yes. You’ll need to hold both down until the radio reboots. Takes about 10 seconds, IIRC. Haven’t had to do mine in a while.

Glad it’s working now.

Thanks again. I held the 2 buttons down for 10 seconds and that reset the screen, now everything is working as it should.

Jerry

Back