New to EVs, buying a used Bolt in a few months. Which accessories / equipment do I need?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PackardV8 said:
Objection, your honor. Assumes facts not in evidence. Nowhere in the OPs question did he say he intended to road trip ...
Jack:

I respect your well thought out and researched posts here on this forum.

But I believe you have gone over the top on this one.

You must agree that you are in the extreme minority when it comes to "never" using your Bolt EV in a way that would require or be advantageous to have the DCFC adapter installed?!?

Whether you agree or not, perhaps you have not read the posts on this forum of "newbie" purchasers of the Bolt EV who had no idea what DCFC technology was and regretted their mistake at buying one without that option.

So certainly, it is a service to a new buyer of a Bolt EV, to, at a minimum, make him or her aware of the technology and what the optional DCFC adapter offers, so that they can make a knowledgeable decision; especially if they did not know enough about the technology to ask the question in the first place.

Agree, this forum does a service to offer information to those who wander into the BEV purchasing arena clueless as to what they're getting into.

For example, we've had irate posts from northern tier purchasers who claimed fraud by GM for not emphasizing there would be a 1/3-range loss in zero weather.

EDIT. summit is of the opinion. "otherwise definitely DCFC option. DCFC allows out of town trips" The long form, giving the cost/benefit might be, "While 99% of US daily driving is well within the Bolt's range, if one ever might want to take the Bolt on long highway trips, the $750 DCFC option should be considered. Do your research on the availability of chargers and the time required to recharge."

jack vines

PackardV8 said:
...You did make a definite statement and then somewhat qualify it. "otherwise definitely DCFC option. DCFC allows out of town trips"
Sorry, Jack, but I never made that statement!

BoltEV said:
PackardV8 said:
...You did make a definite statement and then somewhat qualify it. "otherwise definitely DCFC option. DCFC allows out of town trips"
Sorry, Jack, but I never made that statement!
Sincere apologies. That was "summit" who shared that opinion. Again, I should have looked before I clicked. I edited it to give credit where it belongs.

jack vines

Back