Buying 2020 Bolt - do i buy LT or Premier Trim?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TNTrikePilot

I'm looking to buy my first EV and I really like what I've been reading about the Bolt. What I'm not sure about is whether to buy the LT or Premier edition. Is the Premier edition worth the extra money or is it more sensible to purchase the LT? Your opinion is greatly requested with your reasoning about why which is better.
Thank you!
TNTrikePilot

I suggest going to edmunds.com (or kbb.com) and look at what the packages contain to see what you want.

"Is it worth it" is entirely subjective, and changes for each individual.

I wanted the premier trim but my dealer only had LT (with a couple of packages) on his lot. I got everything I really needed (blind spot monitor, back up camera, heated front seats, etc). I decided I could live without leather seats, top view camera, rear heated seats, adaptive cruise and maybe a couple of other gee whiz things. I'm satisfied with the LT and the cloth seats have grown on me. Only you can decide if those extra things are "worth it" to you, but it wasn't for me. Just my 2 cents. By the way, you may have to make a decision on DCFC. If you're ever going to take a road trip, you'll need it.

theothertom said:
I wanted the premier trim but my dealer only had LT (with a couple of packages) on his lot. I got everything I really needed (blind spot monitor, back up camera, heated front seats, etc). I decided I could live without leather seats, top view camera, rear heated seats, adaptive cruise and maybe a couple of other gee whiz things. I'm satisfied with the LT and the cloth seats have grown on me. Only you can decide if those extra things are "worth it" to you, but it wasn't for me. Just my 2 cents. By the way, you may have to make a decision on DCFC. If you're ever going to take a road trip, you'll need it.

Thank you for your reply. All of my ICE vehicles have leather seats and most of the bells & whistles (except my Dodge RAM 2500 Diesel - it's just a beast!). The adaptive cruise will be nice. Don't care too much about the heated seats in TN, but from what I understand (correct me please if I am wrong), I've read that heating the seats consumes less battery than the overall heat system for the car and is quite comfortable. The top view camera looks like a very nice feature. To me, cloth seats are more comfortable, but from what I've read, the leather seats in Bolt are easier on your backside than the cloth due to inadequate padding. DCFC is a definite must!!!

SparkE said:
I suggest going to edmunds.com (or kbb.com) and look at what the packages contain to see what you want.

"Is it worth it" is entirely subjective, and changes for each individual.

Thank you for your reply. I'll definitely go there and read the review(s).

TNTrikePilot said:
Don't care too much about the heated seats in TN, but from what I understand (correct me please if I am wrong), I've read that heating the seats consumes less battery than the overall heat system for the car and is quite comfortable.
Yes, that's correct. Some people (including me if my wife wasn't in the car) use the heated seats and heated steering wheel and forgo the regular heat while driving. One tip is to precondition your car while plugged in. That way you draw power from the grid to heat your car. You get into a car that's toasty warm which will "last" for most commutes. Plugging in also allows the battery to heat up, which makes it more efficient in the winter. By the way, it's recommend to set your max charge level to around 90% unless you need the extra range. That way you can leave your car plugged in and not worry about battery longevity.

theothertom said:
...adaptive cruise...
This is the first that I have read that the 2020 includes adaptive cruise control.

Are you personally aware that this feature exists on the 2020?

PackardV8 said:
BoltEV said:
theothertom said:
...adaptive cruise...
This is the first that I have read that the 2020 includes adaptive cruise control.

Are you personally aware that this feature exists on the 2020?
Agree, it does not.

jack vines
Whew!

One of the reasons I purchased my 2019 last July 31st, was that I was told the 2020 would NOT have ACC.

The other reason was that I expected to reach my 45,000 lease limit in mid-September (I hit it on September 10th) and instead of mileage penalties, I wanted to put the money into equity ownership, now that I had made up my mind to replace my leased 2017 Bolt EV with another one.

My 2 cents to the OP: get all the features you can afford on this car! They all have utility and are worth the cost as part of a bundle.

My 2017 was "fully loaded" and I repeated that experience on my 2019!

There is not one "feature" that I feel is not worth its initial expense and usage over the life of the vehicle (sorry for the double negative)!

Also: spend about $35 on eBay and get the illuminator for the DCFC Charging port!

https://www.ebay.com/i/254522390735?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=254522390735&targetid=935083617067&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9031204&poi=&campaignid=10764811896&mkgroupid=106123337997&rlsatarget=pla-935083617067&abcId=9300385&merchantid=6296724&gclid=CjwKCAjwps75BRAcEiwAEiACMbwYEdmp3-D5aouuURe7FFyfC_5n1yWAPwAuQC6DqioPaQ7TOOM93RoCv9sQAvD_BwE

Back