Seat split at the seams

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what would happen if somebody had already paid hundreds of dollars to make their seat more comfortable through an authorized seat repair shop recommended by a dealership, and there seat
kept splitting like this. If the dealer replaces the seat and now it is back to being uncomfortable, who pays to make the seat comfortable again. This is a train wreck.

My Bolt has this issue now as well.

Edit: Appointments are backed up two weeks - so have to wait to get it into the dealer.

Still waiting for my second seat replacement to arrive. It was ordered 5 weeks ago The dealer says that the demand for replacement seats is huge and is causing long waits.

The split doesn't affect the comfort of ability to drive. It's cosmetic in that sense. But obviously, it's affecting many people with Bolts.

I don't expect the new seat to be any better, unless they've addressed the issue (which I have to assume they must be doing?).

Sorry to bump this old thread but was hoping any of the affected owners could post an update on how this issue was resolved. I'm referring to the seat cover splitting and separating at the sides of the seats.

Was it covered under warranty or deemed wear & tear? Did GM replace the entire seat including cover, did they repair the old seat by swapping inside parts, etc. Was the repair permanent or is this a recurring problem that will just come back again when car is out of warranty? Did this happen to any 2018-2020 Bolts?

Back