ElectricAdventure

Re: Charging at Electrify America

Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:39 pm

theothertom wrote:
ElectricAdventure wrote:The not-polluting part is really the only part I care about with regards to an electric car. Not spending money out the ear in gas is just a side effect I guess.
I've never owned a gasoline (combustion) powered car before so I don't really think about all those things. But I really want a Gasoline powered WRX- those things are so cool!

wow! You must be considerable younger than me. Wouldn't it be cool to be one of the first to never own an ICE in your lifetime?

I'm turning twenty in a month so I am pretty young. I got my eSpark right about when I turned 17, I spent an entire summer saving up for that car. I learned about e-cars when I was 15 in Alaska after hiking to a rather depressing glacier and it made me realize combustion doesn't make sense. So now I only drive electric and the house-on-wheels I am designing is combustion free. Most of my friends are e-natives too, so we mostly complain about over-priced superchargers. We still like gasoline cars, but see them as toys instead of a useful technology.

theothertom

Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:14 pm

ElectricAdventure wrote:
theothertom wrote:
ElectricAdventure wrote:The not-polluting part is really the only part I care about with regards to an electric car. Not spending money out the ear in gas is just a side effect I guess.
I've never owned a gasoline (combustion) powered car before so I don't really think about all those things. But I really want a Gasoline powered WRX- those things are so cool!

wow! You must be considerable younger than me. Wouldn't it be cool to be one of the first to never own an ICE in your lifetime?

I'm turning twenty in a month so I am pretty young. I got my eSpark right about when I turned 17, I spent an entire summer saving up for that car. I learned about e-cars when I was 15 in Alaska after hiking to a rather depressing glacier and it made me realize combustion doesn't make sense. So now I only drive electric and the house-on-wheels I am designing is combustion free. Most of my friends are e-natives too, so we mostly complain about over-priced superchargers. We still like gasoline cars, but see them as toys instead of a useful technology.

Kudos to you. The world needs more people with that attitude.

KrisConnoly

Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:30 am

ElectricAdventure wrote:
theothertom wrote:

There are so many of us who feel like that. You are the change the world needs. Keep us posted on your house-on-wheels too which you are designing.

Return to “General / Main Chevy Bolt Owners Forum”