CHEVY TO RECALL ALL 2017 to 2019 BOLTS!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrfredsporty

I was just watching transport evolved on you tube and Mickey the host. she stated that she has been informed that all 2017-2019 Bolts are being recalled due to a battery pack problem that could result in a fire. according to her they Chevy will do a temporary software upgrade that take approximately 10% of battery capacity away until chevy can come up with a more permanent solution. She recommends (and I agree) that in the mean time we should all change our charging to hill top which will not let the battery go to full capacity. Im not really worried about this but since there have been some fires it seems like a good precaution. mine is set that way already. i have no plans to stop driving it except for the setting i mentioned.

General Motors has decided to voluntarily recall select 2017-2019 model-year Chevrolet Bolt EVs with high voltage batteries produced at LG Chem’s Ochang, Korea facility that may pose a risk of fire when charged to full, or very close to full, capacity. While our investigation into this condition continues, GM has developed software that will limit vehicle charging to 90% of full capacity to mitigate this risk. Dealerships will update the vehicle’s battery software beginning on November 17th to limit the maximum state of charge to 90 percent. Our analysis indicates that this action will reduce the risk of a battery fire. We are working around the clock on our continued investigation and intend to deploy a final remedy to remove the 90% limitation as quickly as possible after the first of the year, 2021. Until customers receive the dealer software update, we are asking them to change the charge settings on their vehicle to enable either “Hilltop Reserve” (for 2017-18 model year vehicles) or “Target Charge Level” (for 2019 model year vehicles) using their vehicle’s infotainment center. Changing these settings will temporarily limit the vehicle’s state of charge to 90%. If customers are unable to successfully make these changes, or do not feel comfortable making these changes, we are asking them to not park their car in their garage or carport until after they have visited their dealer. The safety of our products is the highest priority for the entire GM team. Customers are encouraged to make an appointment at their preferred dealer for this software update. For more information, customers can visit www.chevy.com/boltevrecall or contact the Chevrolet EV Concierge 1-833-EVCHEVY or their preferred dealer.

Andrea C.

Locking this thread as there is an older thread already about this topic :

https://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9437&p=35977#p35964

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back