Driver Confidence II Package Questions

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcrcr

Although I can somewhat guess from the feature names, can somewhat point me to a more detailed description of what the items in the Driver Confidence II package actually do and maybe some details about how they work? I am trying to make a judgement in regards to their value to me for a potential order.

Specifically, I am talking about:

Code:
Driver Confidence II Package, includes (UHY) Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking, (UHX) Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, (UEU) Forward Collision Alert, (UE4) Following Distance Indicator, (UKJ) Front Pedestrian Braking
and (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps

Much thanks for any helpful links on this front, or some descriptive detail from someone who knows about these features.

Driver Confidence II Package, includes (UHY) Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking, (UHX) Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, (UEU) Forward Collision Alert, (UE4) Following Distance Indicator, (UKJ) Front Pedestrian Braking
and (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps

I can give you generic descriptions from owning a car (GTI) with most of these features:

Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking - Automatically brakes the car to a stop to avoid rear-ending a car ahead of you.
Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning - Helps keep you in your lane, tugs on the steering wheel and warns you when you are drifting out.
Forward Collision Alert - Alerts you to impending collision so you can brake yourself. This warning comes just before Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking.
Following Distance Indicator - helps judge how close you are to the car in front of you based on your current speed.
Front Pedestrian Braking - Identifies and brakes for pedestrians that are in front of your car (in case you don't notice them).
IntelliBeam headlamps - Automatically turns on high beams when it can, turns them off with approaching cars.

Overall, this is a LOT of safety features for under $500 and none of it can be added later. This option is a no-brainer. Get it.

Can any of these features be toggled off?

The lane drift seems like it would bug me.
What if I want to change lanes really gradually?
Does it look at stripes on the road or other cars to determine this? What about in areas with no stripes or badly faded / intermittent stripes?

Patronus said:
Overall, this is a LOT of safety features for under $500 and none of it can be added later. This option is a no-brainer. Get it.
Be aware that It does also require that you order the Infotainment package ($485) which you may or may not be interested in (and it is only available on the Premier, so in some situations it could be a $4K+ option)

I am not sure whether Chevrolet will allow these to be turned off individually. I don't have my Bolt yet to tell you. :D

On my GTI I can switch these features off individually and they retain that state through restarts of the engine.

The lane departure technology is camera based and is not perfect. On my car it works above 35mph when the camera (mounted in front of the inside mirror) can see both lane markers (solid or not, white or yellow). There is an indicator centered in the instrument cluster that is green when the system is active and yellow when it is not. It is deactivated when a turn signal is used for a lane change.

Together with the blind spot monitor, it really does make freeway driving nice.

gpsman said:
Can any of these features be toggled off?

The lane drift seems like it would bug me.
What if I want to change lanes really gradually?
Does it look at stripes on the road or other cars to determine this? What about in areas with no stripes or badly faded / intermittent stripes?
In the 2017 Volt, these features can be individually turned off and for some their behavior can adjusted to suit driver preference. I think it's likely that the Bolt will allow the same level of control.

For lane changing, the alert does not go off if you signal a lane change even if it takes you a bunch of seconds to drift into the new lane.

Back