Heated seats are Premier trim only

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoomit

The Premier trim level gets you "Front and Rear Heated Seats" and "Leather-Wrapped Heated Steering Wheel". I could see putting the steering wheel in the Premier trim but heated seats?

Heated seats should be standard in all BEVs, especially the front seat.

http://www.chevrolet.com/content/da...ew/02_Pdf/bolt-ev-trims-comparison-081016.pdf

The Premier trim also comes with leather seats so I'm guessing they just cheaped-out on the base (LT trim) seats and didn't want to add heat to them.

I'm one of those people with a strong preference for fabric seating, so it's always disappointing to find that you must take them if you want the options in the higher trim level. I can only hope they are available in colors other than black.

Pricing coming next, we hope. Betting the Premier level is going to be over $40k without any of the packages.

FWIW, this document was created on August 10, so we know Chevy has been sitting on this information for over a month.

You can add:
"Available Comfort and Convenience Package (LT only)
Includes: Heated front seats, heated leather steering wheel,
auto-dimming rearview mirror."
This will almost certainly be less than bumping to Premier (if you don't want/need the other inclusions - Driver Confidence I, surround view, rear camera mirror, etc)

Good catch, I missed that!

I'd expect most dealers to order this package with the LT trim. A base model (no packages, LT trim) is a non-starter in my book due to the lack of seat heaters. I hope they pull another rabbit out of the hat with the pricing.

Based on what we're seeing I would lean towards the Premier trim line with no other packages since it appears you can't get some of the car's more whizzy tech features without it. The features exclusive to the Premier trim line seem to be:

-ultra bright wheels (?)
-outside rearview mirrors (?)
-roof rails
-leather seating
-surround vision
-rear camera mirror
-light-senitive inside rearview mirror (not the as the same auto-dimming rearview offered in LT comfort package?)
-ambient lighting on panel (?)
-false cargo floor (?)

(?) what is it

Zoomit said:
The Premier trim level gets you "Front and Rear Heated Seats" and "Leather-Wrapped Heated Steering Wheel". I could see putting the steering wheel in the Premier trim but heated seats?

Heated seats should be standard in all BEVs, especially the front seat.
As a note to my fellow Canadians I'd like to point out that the Volt as sold in Canada has heated seats as a standard item even though it's an option in the US. GM Canada may choose to do the same thing for the Bolt, and in fact I'd be a little surprised if they didn't.

But for me the rear view camera mirror and the surround view parking assist are so alluring that I'm pretty sure I'll be buying the Premiere trim level.

Heated seats are great but I could do without them I would take the premier package for the better cameras and visibility around the vehicle when I'm driving or expecially parking

Back