Production Bolt trunk space pics

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbs

There is a privacy screen that attaches to the back of the rear seats, and to the hatch. It can be removed for more space.

hatch-trunk-Bolt-EV-via-MTN-Ranger-750x513.jpg

Hatch-02-trunk-Bolt-EV-via-MTN-Ranger-750x496.jpg

Chevrolet-Bolt-EV-folded-rear-seats-hatch-via-MTN-Ranger-750x656.jpg

Hatch-03-Bolt-EV-via-MTN-Ranger-750x496.jpg

If unhooked from the hatch, it hangs straight down so tall objects can be stowed.

Hatch-04-Bolt-EV-via-MTN-Ranger-750x496.jpg

The false floor has 3 positions:
1. It can be positioned flat so that the storage area is the same height, as the raar seats when flipped down
2. At an angle (like in the photo below, which is only useful when trying to access the items below). Although, I guess items could be stored in this small space under the false floor?
3. Removed for one large storage space
Hatch-05-Bolt-EV-via-MTN-Ranger-750x488.jpg

Underneath the floor of the trunk (not the false floor, but the floor-floor) is the 120Volt EVSE charge cable and tools.
Hatch-06-Bolt-EV-via-MTN-Ranger-750x496.jpg

Images from MtnRanger on InsideEVs.com

Really like the repositioning of the trunk floor to line up with the folded down seats. Excellent feature!

What's up with the tiny trunk? No way our dog crate fits back there. If the answer is having the back seats folded forward all the time, it's a safe bet this EV is too small for us. I hope that GM can stretch the wheelbase and make this a larger car sometime down the road.

another view
It is relatively deep. Good for grocery bags.

Attachments

• IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 14,038
Does that 'tray' pull out to raise up to the higher flush level or is there another 'tray' that does that?

mbepic said:
Does that 'tray' pull out to raise up to the higher flush level or is there another 'tray' that does that?
The tray is adjustable to 3 levels (the highest is flush with the floor). It is standard on the Premier and a $100 option on the LT (False cargo floor or GK8: Storage, rear cargo, double floor).

Maxters said:
120v hmm not even worth carrying, might switch that out for a level 2

I see your point, but could be userful in emergency (plug in at donut shop!!)

I carried a Turbo Cord (120/220 dual) but I never saw a 220 V outlet in the wild. I used it at work, where they provided 220 for EV charging, and at home as a second L2 charger (3 EVs in the family).

In three years with my Focus, I never needed to charge in the field, except planned stops at public L2 charging stations. With the Bolt's range, should be a rare occurrence to run out of juice.

I could definitely skip the tray option. Did understand what it was for until seeing these pics. I leave the L1 home for normal use. Took the L1 with me today for my most challenging cold weather trip to date. The Bolt's battery conditioning would've helped today. Avg temp 30F, 119 miles, max range about 65 mi. for my aging LEAF at this temp. LEAF doesn't do battery conditioning for low temps even though it does have a battery heater for very-low-temperature protection. The trip was only practical with an L3 station somewhat well located.

How does the rear area compare to the i3's when the seats are folded down? Looks bigger if I had to take a guess.

So now that some people have their Bolts are the pics true? Is the trunk nice and spacious?

Does anyone know the depth of the back area with the back seats down? I want to know if I could fit a bicycle without removing the front wheel.
Thanks!

leodoggie said:
It is roughly 60 inches and the opening is 42 inches wide.
What is the depth of the trunk space - trying to compare to Leaf. Whether I get Bolt or not depends on this.

Need to be able to carry an umbrella stroller along with water bottles and grocery bags.

Back