sgt1372

Re: Recommended seat covers?

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:12 pm

mwk wrote:Hi,

I just picked up my Bolt this week. So far I'm really loving the car. It's leased, so I thought I should get some seat covers for the front seats. But I was reading in the owner's manual that seat covers interfere with the heated seat function? Is this true? Can I use the heated seat with a seat cover? Thanks!

My Bolt LT is leased too and the cloth on the driver's seat is starting to fray a bit. If I owned it, I would probably buy seat covers to prevent further wear but, unlike you, since it's leased, I don't think the expense would be justified.

I've owned Wet Okole seats before and they are pretty good but they wear too. They also are NOT cheap.

$259 for a basic pair for the front seats. You can also buy an optional heater for the seat backs for $68 more but you need a Y-connector to plug them into the single accessory plug jack.

You'd have to order the heated backs w/the covers b4 you find out if the seat will be warm enough or not w/the covers over them. However, the heated seat backs would be supplementary to the OEM seat heaters, in any event, since they heat different parts of the seats/body.
My vehicles:

2017 Chevy Bolt
2012 Mercedes ML350 4Matic
2008 BMW 335i
2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder
2002 Ford F250 7.3L 4x4 Longbed Turbodiesel

mwk

Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:56 pm

sgt1372 wrote:
mwk wrote:Hi,

I just picked up my Bolt this week. So far I'm really loving the car. It's leased, so I thought I should get some seat covers for the front seats. But I was reading in the owner's manual that seat covers interfere with the heated seat function? Is this true? Can I use the heated seat with a seat cover? Thanks!

My Bolt LT is leased too and the cloth on the driver's seat is starting to fray a bit. If I owned it, I would probably buy seat covers to prevent further wear but, unlike you, since it's leased, I don't think the expense would be justified.

I've owned Wet Okole seats before and they are pretty good but they wear too. They also are NOT cheap.

$259 for a basic pair for the front seats. You can also buy an optional heater for the seat backs for $68 more but you need a Y-connector to plug them into the single accessory plug jack.

You'd have to order the heated backs w/the covers b4 you find out if the seat will be warm enough or not w/the covers over them. However, the heated seat backs would be supplementary to the OEM seat heaters, in any event, since they heat different parts of the seats/body.

The reason I want the covers is because of the lease. I do not want them charging me excess wear-and-tear charges on the car when I turn it in. So I thought it would be best to get seat covers and the WeatherTech floor trays

gpsman

Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:23 am

Why buy expensove ones when $29 ones fit great, look great, and feel great? You have to settle for black faux leather but I love mine. See the photos elsewhere. Black with Chevy emblem.

download/file.php?id=152

sgt1372

Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:49 pm

mwk wrote:
sgt1372 wrote:The reason I want the covers is because of the lease. I do not want them charging me excess wear-and-tear charges on the car when I turn it in. So I thought it would be best to get seat covers and the WeatherTech floor trays

FWIW, I don't think you'd wear out the seats in 3 yrs for that to be a worry.

Took 10 yrs of daily use in my FJ for those cloth seats to develop a hile and my 15 yr old MR2 seats are just fine.

But it's your car, your $ and your decision.
My vehicles:

2017 Chevy Bolt
2012 Mercedes ML350 4Matic
2008 BMW 335i
2002 Toyota MR2 Spyder
2002 Ford F250 7.3L 4x4 Longbed Turbodiesel

hodad66

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:39 pm

My Wet Okole seat covers sure take away the worry about sitting in my
Bolt after kayaking!!
Nightfall Gray Metallic LT

SparkE

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:41 am

Remember that there are airbags INSIDE the seats in the Bolt. You need to make sure that whatever seat covers you get will allow the airbag to deploy.

Lin19687

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:10 pm

I was just going to mention that.
There are also air bags along the bottom side of the seat as well as the back/side panel.
-Lin

NeptuneStingray

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:54 pm

A question for anyone who bought the Wet Okole rear seat covers, for an LT trim did you buy the 60/40 split or another type? I just purchased my new bolt and now I'm getting all the needed accessories.

Thanks in advance

Tim
2017 Cajun Red LT Bolt

coastalcruiser

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Reviving this dead thread to see if anyone installed the Wet Okole covers. I may be picking up a Bolt LT this week, if I can find a seat cover with some extra padding to compensate for the thinner padding on the stock seats. If anyone has found a way to make the seats relatively more comfortable (since it is a subjective thing) with seat covers, would love to hear from you.

Return to “General / Main Chevy Bolt Owners Forum”