1. Model: LT
2. When bought: 07/ 03/2018
3. Last 5 of your VIN: 32169
4. Build Date: 05/18
5. Your size/height: Large framed 313 lb. 6'-2" tall male
6. Very brief summary: Seat's frame is too narrow, not positioned well and not padded enough.
7. Verdict: Unacceptable - The driver's seat of my 2018 Chevy Bolt ev LT is too narrow, not positioned well and not padded enough. While driving it I am forced to sit on the left edge of the frame of the seat. This becomes very uncomfortable and painful after a short while. While driving I am sitting on the bruise, which has developed, on the back of my left leg. This of course hurts even more because I am now sitting on a soar bruise.
The 20 minute test drive I took was not long enough to make this issue noticeable. The various sales people I dealt with on my several visits to the dealership, could see my size and stature. They were certainly aware of the small, scarcely padded, improperly positioned seat yet I was not warned by anyone of the possibility of a potential problem.
The position of the seat is also part of the problem. It is too close to the center console, which interferes with my right thigh. I can't sit properly in the seat because the console forces me to the left of it's center. If the seat were moved an inch or two to the left, for which there is plenty of room, there would be room for my right thigh and I would be able to sit in it's center. I feel trapped because I am stuck with a car, which I otherwise really love, but can't drive more than 15 or 20 miles at a time without enduring considerable pain.
I choose the Bolt because of it's SUV style and shape. I assumed it had the ability to accommodate big and tall people which it otherwise does. It has big doors a high roof and a chair like seating position which provides more than adequate head and leg room. I was so overwhelmed by all that is new and different in the revolutionary, all electric Bolt that I wasn't at all aware of something as basic as it's seats. Who would have expected this car to have such small and under padded seats? OUCH!
I suggest Chevrolet offer larger and more padded seats on new Bolts. They might also consider moving the position of the driver's seat, with some sort of adapter or bracket, one or two inches to the left. These up grades might be offered as retrofits to earlier models. They might put smiles on the faces of those like me who feel wronged by Chevrolet.
8. My Chevy Bolt Forum User Name: ProVega350