BillM

Re: Car Wash Mode

Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:24 pm

I am glad to have found this thread. I agree that there should be some more overt means of setting car wash mode that is less like needing to know a hidden move in a video game. It is too easy to mess up the procedure if the owner doesn’t inform the wash attendant or the attendant is distracted from following the procedure.

I believe it would be a good idea to add an info pane that can, and probably should by default, appear on the home screen of the infotainment system. The pane should have a slider that allows setting car wash mode. It would be easy for both the owner and wash attendant to see what mode the car is in. For safety, the car wash mode could auto cancel after 15 minutes. Again, it would be easy to see the car has reset the mode.

bolter

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:05 pm

BillM wrote:I am glad to have found this thread. I agree that there should be some more overt means of setting car wash mode that is less like needing to know a hidden move in a video game. It is too easy to mess up the procedure if the owner doesn’t inform the wash attendant or the attendant is distracted from following the procedure.

I believe it would be a good idea to add an info pane that can, and probably should by default, appear on the home screen of the infotainment system. The pane should have a slider that allows setting car wash mode. It would be easy for both the owner and wash attendant to see what mode the car is in. For safety, the car wash mode could auto cancel after 15 minutes. Again, it would be easy to see the car has reset the mode.

Great idea that would cost essentially nothing to implement.

USecar

Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:38 pm

Does anyone know what the 2019 Bolt "Car Wash Mode" reads? Here is my situation:

- I pull into the car wash vacuum stall in my 2017 Volt, turn it off and go inside the office to pay.
- Employee #1 vacuums my car, gets in, starts it up (no seat belt) and drives it to the staging area. He turns it off and exits the vehicle.
- Employee #2 gets in, starts it up (no seat belt), drives to the start of the tunnel, puts it in neutral, turns it off, and exits the vehicle.
- Car goes through the tunnel in neutral and turned off.
- At the end of the tunnel, employee #3 gets in the car, starts it up (no seat belt), drives it to the drying area, turns it off, and exits the vehicle.

Can a 2019 Bolt handle all that turning off and turning on without people having trouble? It's going to have to roll in neutral with the power off.

Return to “Ask Chevrolet”