Coop

Re: Dash Panel Issue

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:37 am

Zoomit wrote:Wow, there's still a visible gap between the part and the lighter plastic near the steering wheel. That looks slightly better than mine. It looks like it would click down, but it doesn't.

What I do not know is if they replaced the actual raised part. That was not very clear to me if they had replaced it or not.

Lin19687

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:03 am

I got my Bolt yesterday and this morning I notice the gap, but mine is bigger and more gap towards the windshield . Even the park at the post up there looks like it is pushed in a bit. I didn't fiddle too much with it but did push it down. I think it needs a clip or 3 up in that area to hold it all together.
i am NOT happy about it. It is right to my Left and I use that tiny window to look out of so I notice it.

dealer said bring it in for us to look at it.
I think I will put my arm up there and see if I can push up on the corner to see if that helps first.
It is almost an hr drive to the dealer.
-Lin

Coop

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:40 pm

Final update on the dash panel issue. I had to take it back after they applied the fix because the front near the windshield was sinking in. The new tech looked at it and basically said they know how to make it just about perfect. The dealership ordered the parts. From my understanding they replaced the raised panel again, the side panel and the speaker panel. Took the tech about 5 hours. I went to pick up the car and to my surprise, it is about 98% perfect. I would say it is just a hair raised but looks about the same on both sides of the dash now. So to me the issue is resolved. If you have the issue, they have to replace the side panel, the raised part, the speaker cover and the white part. For some reason the whole thing was a defect.

Lin19687

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:43 pm

Holy crap what a PITA !

Hope it lasts.
Mine is ok, has not popped out again but there is a tiny gap that I notice if I am sitting while charging.
-Lin

Khale

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:40 pm

I have had the left side panel replaced three times, they are now replacing the upper dash board as we speak. For some reason they seem to think that is the problem. I'll let you know how it comes out. If this doesn't cure the problem, I'm going to lemon law it. Hopefully I can get it replaced with a bolt that doesn't have this problem. Other than this issue, I love the car.

Return to “Technical Discussions”