SparkE

Re: Hello from ChargePoint!

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:16 pm

BTW, there are already several DCFC stations in and near Austin - some of which are free. Use plugshare.com to find them.

ChargePoint

Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:08 am

SparkE wrote:
ibedonc wrote:what about Austin Texas ? for fast chargers

The DCFC stations going in along I5 in California are being "incentivized" by a CA govt org called CEC. I don't know if they are paying the entire cost or not, but well over a 8 million dollars is being paid out. The CEC selected the sites, which you can find here (interactive google map):

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 999997&z=7

What I found surprising is that *somebody* is keeping the map up-to-date, and the new(-ish) EVgo stations to get to N lake Tahoe and Reno have been added to the map, as well as the new "30-30" category (which is CalTrans, the govt org that maintains state highways, and separate from CEC).

Great resource, thank you for sharing that!
ChargePoint is the world’s largest and most open electric vehicle (EV) charging network. Join the EV revolution!

ChargePoint

Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:09 am

ibedonc wrote:what about Austin Texas ? for fast chargers

In addition to Sparks suggestions, you can also request stations on our website: https://www.chargepoint.com/drivers/request/ :)
ChargePoint is the world’s largest and most open electric vehicle (EV) charging network. Join the EV revolution!

ChargePoint

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:28 pm

Things have changed a lot since 2010. ChargePoint now has more than 50,000 charging spots. EV drivers plug into our network every 2 seconds and charge more than 1 million times per month. We’re excited to be fueling the future!

Return to “Batteries and Charging”