(don't forget, you'll find links to all the articles below and more info - at this link: http://bit.ly/EVNews0511
- Americans open up to electric cars, with 20% saying they’d pick an EV for their next vehicle [CNN]
- A comprehensive overview of electric fleet options, from delivery vans to long-haul trucks [Greenbiz]
- California will require solar panels on new homes [New York Times].
- Tesla plans to eliminate controversial cobalt from batteries, in Charged EVs.
- Charged EVs celebrates NYC’s commitment to take its bus fleet all-electric by 2040.
- How slime (yes, slime!) could advance self-driving EVs.
We revealed a new concept design for high-powered charging of electric semi-trucks and aircraft. Watch our CEO, Pasquale Romano, unveil it at the Uber Elevate Summit.
VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... WvQuk0_xjs
Flying cars? We're charging them! Here's more on the new 2-MW charger for electric aircraft and semi-trucks that we unveiled. Since 2017, ChargePoint has been the charging partner for Uber’s Elevate initiative, as the two companies explore innovations to help support the launch of a fleet of electric VTOL aircraft within five years. Leveraging Express Plus, ChargePoint’s ultra-fast charge platform, the company continues to develop designs specifically for use at skyports where VTOL aircraft will park and fuel as part of their day-to-day activities.
Read more about the new two megawatt connector here in our press release(http://bit.ly/NewConceptChargePoint), and on Electrek (http://bit.ly/2IjA7WM)