Eriamjh1138

Re: This Stupid Recall Just Broke My Car

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:11 pm

IMAdolt wrote:
Eriamjh1138 wrote:Of course, a gasmobile was parked in the spot by the 25kW fast DC charging station. Again.

Double park and plug your car in next time.

Tried. Doesn’t reach.
2017 Kinetic Blue Metallic "Rainbow Dash"
Southeast Michigan, USA

Eriamjh1138

Sat May 05, 2018 9:16 pm

My Bolt now has the battery update. It was pulled right before I went in last time, then reissued two days later.
I discharged the battery to 9% in the process. Now charging back to 90%.
Southeast Michigan, USA

BoltEV

Sun May 06, 2018 1:59 am

I got the “battery issues” recall software update at the Dealer while asking them not to install the “infotainment” recall update.

However the OnStar update request has stopped so they either declined or accepted the OnStar update

I can still play mp4 videos.

How do I check the Infotainment Software version number?

Tarrngtn

Thu May 10, 2018 5:31 pm

My dealer just provided both recall updates without any problem. They even gave me a ride back home after dropping off the Bolt, and came to get me to go back to the dealer to pick it up. They also did a complete inspection gratis. Good service.

EVHOO

Sat May 12, 2018 1:38 am

I received a notice about "The loss of propulsion High Voltage Battery" recall. Scheduled appointment and took the car in yesterday early. After about 90 minutes, they tell me it's ready, so wife and I get in car and drive away. Notice display screen and radio are not working normally. We pop on the interstate, and notice that the Battery Miles remaining on the other screen is dropping by about 5 miles every few hundred feet. A quick mental calculation told me that it would be a 0 miles before I got home. I exited at the first exit and headed back to the dealer. Technician took the car and apparently did the reprogramming again, which took another hour or more. Drove home, and everything seemed normal. Charged it overnight, and today drove it to meet friends in another city. It was about 135 miles RT and had the AC on all the way.

I used the cruise control for the first time today and it is the best of any vehicle I've had. We have learned to drive in the L mode, and the cruise control keeps the speed exactly where it's set, even with rolling terrain.

astroboy

Sun May 13, 2018 6:17 am

i've had 3 versions of the infotainment software on my 2017 bolt, and all of them have locked up or have come up with a black screen from power-on from time to time. as of yet i can't see any pattern but the latest (14.5) does not seem any more prone to lockups/black screen than any prior version.

obviously this software is full of bugs... they don't test this thing properly. on 14.5 i noticed the other day that if i had music playing thru carplay/USB but had paused the music, a google maps announcement would cause the computer to switch to the radio after the announcement was over. so there's apparently no way to have silence + google maps navigation.

also the music progress bar locks up all the time.

Eriamjh1138

Sun May 13, 2018 3:53 pm

I’ve had zero lockups with 14.5. I only rarely use CarPlay. It’s been about 5 weeks.

Your problems may be android induced. Of course, if you can replicate them, note exactly how and tell GM by submitting a complaint though Chevrolet.com. That goes right to GM.
Southeast Michigan, USA

astroboy

Mon May 14, 2018 3:10 am

Eriamjh1138 wrote:I’ve had zero lockups with 14.5. I only rarely use CarPlay. It’s been about 5 weeks.

Your problems may be android induced. Of course, if you can replicate them, note exactly how and tell GM by submitting a complaint though Chevrolet.com. That goes right to GM.

how can an iOS interoperability problem be android induced?

Eriamjh1138

Mon May 14, 2018 9:26 am

It isn’t. I DONT have any infotainment problems and I use iOS.

YOUR problems are likely caused by the android side of their infotainment system.
Southeast Michigan, USA

SeanNelson

Mon May 14, 2018 4:51 pm

Eriamjh1138 wrote:YOUR problems are likely caused by the android side of their infotainment system.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about KeyPass screwing things up. I've never installed KeyPass and I've had very few problems with the infotainment system - maybe only one lockup in over 6 months.

Return to “News and Main Chevy Bolt EV Forum”