iwatson

Re: Madera Electrify America DCFC Station Underway

Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:38 pm

JeffN, Thanks for posting!

I just returned from my nearby Electrify America station where I have made numerous attempts to charge with no luck.

I really didn't need to charge but was anxious to see if this would fix my issue. Indeed it did. Worked like a charm. The build date on my Bolt EV is August, 2017. My vehicle has only been DC Fast charged one other time since I've owned it. I am the second owner, acquiring the car with some 11,000 or so miles on the odometer and have no knowledge of the previous owner's charging habits.

Thanks also to Eric Way and his "News Columb" Videos.
2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV - Cajun Red
2012 Mitsubishi i-miev - Raspberry
2012 Mitsubishi i-miev - Silver
2011 Chevrolet Volt - Viridian Joule
2002 Forest River Sunseeker 3100LE - White
2001 Buick LeSabre - Brown
1997 Chrysler Town & Country - White

JeffN

Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:47 pm

iwatson wrote:JeffN, Thanks for posting!

I just returned from my nearby Electrify America station where I have made numerous attempts to charge with no luck.

I really didn't need to charge but was anxious to see if this would fix my issue. Indeed it did. Worked like a charm. The build date on my Bolt EV is August, 2017. My vehicle has only been DC Fast charged one other time since I've owned it. I am the second owner, acquiring the car with some 11,000 or so miles on the odometer and have no knowledge of the previous owner's charging habits.

Thanks also to Eric Way and his "News Columb" Videos.

Excellent. Thanks for the update!

gregb

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:45 pm

Checked on construction today, two workman were there. There didn't seem to be much progress, even though some of the equipment crates were moved around. A workman said the expected completion date would be late January, early February. Left photos on Plugshare: https://www.plugshare.com/location/169517. Not much to see.

gregb

Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:41 am

Recently checked the Madera & Selma Wal-Mart Electrify America installations. The chargers are installed in the Madera location. It looks ready to go, probably awaiting permits. No noticeable construction on chargers occurring at the Selma Wal-Mart location, although there was lots of construction of what appears to be buildings. Not the usual type of construction associated with EA charging stations like a temporary construction fence covered by green netting, lots of crates stored inside.

BoltEV

Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:28 pm

BoltEV wrote:Another Hiway 99 DCFC, but still waiting for some/more I-5 systems to go hot; specifically the Panoche Shell near Firebaugh.

The Chevron Coalinga is now a go!

North/South on Interstate 5 between The Grapevine and Northern California is now possible for the Bolt EV

BoltEV

Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:24 pm

more relevant informative post about the recent expansion of DCFC availability on Interstate 5 (the parallel to Hiway 99 and faster North/South route in California):

http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5834&e=1&view=unread#p33443

gregb

Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:38 am

No construction occurring on EA Selma WalMart site, any observed construction is for a carwash. No observable change in EA Madera WalMart site, work occurring in areas not observable amid loud construction noise. No contact could be made with workmen and this poster could not remain in the area to make contact.

paulgipe

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Greg,

The EA site in Bakersfield at Panera Bread is a long ways from completion though the 4 kiosks are in. The transformer isn't in and the trenching is all open.

Paul
Paul Gipe
2017 Bolt LT with DCFC, leased 11/09/17
2015 Nissan S with QC, leased, returned
2013 Chevy Volt Premium, used, sold
L2; ClipperCreek HCS-40; Jesla; JDapter Stub
www.wind-works.org

gregb

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:58 pm

Others say the delays are a permitting issue, after all this California, things take longer. Nothing on Plugshare about the Madera EA site being open, unless I happen to get by there, can't see wasting any time checking on the site even though I'd like to let the EV community know when it's available. Will probably just wait for a Plugshare report.

Return to “Local / Regional Discussions”