michaelbolt

Re: So are we all going to end up buying our cars after our leases are up?

Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:32 pm

There are literally giveaway prices right now. I"m seeing Premiers in the 28K range, LT's in the 24K range. There's still $3750 to be deducted and here in California another $2500. So as I see it Premiers in the very low 20s, LTs in the high teens. Why even consider keeping the old one while that deal still exists?

BoltEV

Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:50 pm

michaelbolt wrote:There are literally giveaway prices right now. I"m seeing Premiers in the 28K range, LT's in the 24K range.

Link please.

PackardV8

Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:03 pm

BoltEV wrote:
michaelbolt wrote:There are literally giveaway prices right now. I"m seeing Premiers in the 28K range, LT's in the 24K range.
Link please.

X2 - I had convinced a relative to buy a Bolt and after wading through the smoke and mirrors of the advertising, he couldn't get a Premier for less than $30K. Only 12% of the US live in CA, so the $2500 isn't there for 88% of us. Still, that $30K is a harsh lick for those of us who bought two years ago and had to pay close to MSRP.

FWIW, the friend ended up buying a Tesla M3 Performance for $50K. The deciding factor for them was AWD, as they are up a ski hill most winter weekends.

jack vines
My vehicles
2017 Bolt Premier Cajun Red
2011 Saab 9-4X
2005 Saab 9-5
1998 Saab 9000 Aero
2004 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel
1963 Studebaker Avanti
1956 Studebaker Hawk custom with a supercharged Packard V8
1955 Studebaker custom pickup with a Packard V8

michaelbolt

Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:44 pm

BoltEV wrote:

Link please.

Community Chevrolet in Burbank CA.

Still listing in $28's for Premier By waiting $1700 of the possible tax money has been lost (expired Oct 1). Of the discounts, the only one that looks "iffy" is $1K trade in, I don't know what that means. All the rest seem legit

So for California buyers considering keeping their cars after lease end, buying a new replacement looks like a strong possibility instead

BoltEV

Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:37 pm

michaelbolt wrote:
BoltEV wrote:

Link please.

Community Chevrolet in Burbank CA.

Still listing in $28's for Premier By waiting $1700 of the possible tax money has been lost (expired Oct 1). Of the discounts, the only one that looks "iffy" is $1K trade in, I don't know what that means. All the rest seem legit

So for California buyers considering keeping their cars after lease end, buying a new replacement looks like a strong possibility instead

I spoke to Community Chevy in Burbank in late July and they were not willing to deal. So I drove all the way down to Orange County to get my best deal:

I bought my MSRP $44,250 Bolt EV Premium from Guaranty Chevy in Santa Ana for $36,500 “out the door” including tax and license on July 31st.

Has HOV Purple stickers, Federal tax credit of $3,750 and California rebate of $2,500 already approved.

Looking online, as you suggest, it appears that Community is now offering the same Loyalty discounts that Guaranty offered last July.

Return to “Buying / Leasing / Dealerships”