bobo

When I use paddle brake on steering wheel, does brake light come on?

Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:35 pm

Thanks

Bolt2019

Re: When I use paddle brake on steering wheel, does brake light come on?

Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:02 pm

bobo wrote:Thanks

Go for a drive at night and try it. You should see the red glow reflection in the rear view mirror. (unless you have the Premier with the rear view camera).
I think I saw that it lights up for L regen-ing. Not sure about D. I would imagine so.

trevmar

Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:44 pm

I think I read somewhere that it comes on at a pre-programmed deceleration, i.e. a certain negative g, but it won't be on when you are at a complete stop unless your foot is on the brake pedal

GetOffYourGas

Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:52 pm

Yes. It is based on how quickly you decelerate, though. If, for example, you press the paddle, but keep your foot on the accelerator to maintain speed, your lights will not come on.

Bolt2019 wrote:Go for a drive at night and try it. You should see the red glow reflection in the rear view mirror. (unless you have the Premier with the rear view camera).

You can turn the camera on and off by flipping the mirror up and down. It's a good thing too, because mine spends much of the winter caked in road crud. I run the spray to clean it off and it's messy 5 seconds later. I tend to just turn it back to a glass mirror during road salt season.
~Brian

EV Fleet:
2011 Torqeedo Travel 1003 electric outboard on a 22' sailboat
2012 Leaf SV (traded for Bolt)
2015 C-Max Energi (302A package)
2017 Bolt Premier

Return to “Technical Discussions”