Ampera-e = Bolt EV 2.0?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbg523

Hey Gang, just got done watching Teslabjorn's latest Ampera-e roadtrip video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV4HhdEizIk

It's got me wondering about some of the features the Ampera-e has that we don't have here in the US/Canada. I was aware of the fact that some of the functions are moved to the center console( three blank buttons on the Bolt) for Pedestrian Warning, LKA, etc.

What I wasn't aware of is some of the following:

1) Speed Limit Detection- About 6mins into the video you see a close up the Ampera-e DIC. Just above the cruise control symbol is the Euro speed limit symbol.
Does this mean they/we have the ability to detect the road's current speed limit? Is this function on our cars but hidden and turned off? or is this a Bolt EV 2.0 feature coming in 2018?

2) Remote Headlight Leveling adjustment- About 36 minutes in it shows the adjustment on the dash next to the headlight switch an adjustment for the headlight leveling. Does this mean they expect the Ampera-e to be able to tow? Why else would you have such a feature?

3) Power Folding Mirrors- About a minute later he shows us the auto folding side mirror function on the car. - Not sure why we didn't get offered this feature here.

So what do you think, Bolt EV 2.0- 2018 features? or is some of this(Speed limit detection) in our cars now? I know we don't have the headlight/ power mirrors function, at least not yet.

Thoughts?

My CMax shows the speed limit on the dash, but it appears to be part of Nav (that is, shown as part of Nav, and occasionally missing or incorrect), not something it detects about the surroundings.

Right, I've seen it before on cars with Nav/GPS but trying to figure out how our car would work since the Bolt Ampera-e doesn't have Nav.

Trying to find a posted Ampera-E owner's manual to see what it says....

It would be cool to know if our car can do it and it's just a setting hidden in the car's software setup.

From what I've seen in Ampera-e videos, it actually displays whatever traffic signs it sees, until it sees the next sign. Which is a bummer, I've been wanting a speed limit indicator on my dash for a long time, and seeing how some navigation apps (like Here) have had it for years, you'd think it'd be a no-brainer.

The Bolt EV ad of a local dealer says: "Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, black, manual-folding with integrated turn signal indicators"

I guess manual-folding means they're like the ones on the Volt, you can fold them by pushing them back?

Back