Bolt article - Looking to interview a buyer

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikecolias

I'm a reporter at the Wall Street Journal in Detroit, looking to speak with a few prospective Bolt buyers for a story I'm writing. Would prefer people who do not currently own an EV or hybrid. If you're serious about buying a Bolt when it comes out, please email me: [email protected]. Thanks!

mikecolias said:
I'm a reporter at the Wall Street Journal in Detroit, looking to speak with a few prospective Bolt buyers for a story I'm writing. Would prefer people who do not currently own an EV or hybrid. If you're serious about buying a Bolt when it comes out, please email me: [email protected]. Thanks!
Damn, that counts me out (3 hybrids so far).

devbolt said:
mikecolias said:
Damn, that counts me out (3 hybrids so far).

I'm guessing that counts most people out for the first few months to a year of production. I mean, how many initial Bolt buyers will have never owned an EV or Hybrid?

Are there are any people on this forum who fit that description?

GetOffYourGas said:
I'm guessing that counts most people out for the first few months to a year of production. I mean, how many initial Bolt buyers will have never owned an EV or Hybrid?

Me, for one. I suspect I am precisely the kind of customer GM is hoping will take an interest in the Bolt. It is after all the first EV that many will consider to be both affordable and practical.

roundpeg said:
GetOffYourGas said:

Me, for one. I suspect I am precisely the kind of customer GM is hoping will take an interest in the Bolt. It is after all the first EV that many will consider to be both affordable and practical.
Cool! It's great to see that the Bolt will be expanding the market.

So what appeals to you about the Bolt?

roundpeg said:
GetOffYourGas said:

The first pure BEV that many will consider to be both affordable and practical. The Volt and many PHEVs are both affordable and practical, and are EVs.

GetOffYourGas said:

Range (obviously), form factor, and some of the technology being offered. I compared it to the other new car options I was considering and it seemed like possibly the right time to make the jump.

I'd been reading and posting here for awhile before it occurred to me how biased the discussions are towards multiple/serial EV owners. Nothing wrong with that naturally but my reason for jumping in here was as someone who wasn't very interested in EVs until one came up to my needs and expectations. I'm not 100% certain the Bolt is completely there, but it seems to be close enough to seriously consider.

roundpeg said:
GetOffYourGas said:

Range (obviously), form factor, and some of the technology being offered. I compared it to the other new car options I was considering and it seemed like possibly the right time to make the jump.

I'd been reading and posting here for awhile before it occurred to me how biased the discussions are towards multiple/serial EV owners. Nothing wrong with that naturally but my reason for jumping in here was as someone who wasn't very interested in EVs until one came up to my needs and expectations. I'm not 100% certain the Bolt is completely there, but it seems to be close enough to seriously consider.

Well it's good to have you as part of the discussions. The Bolt is a strong evolution from the current state of EVs. Those of us who have been in the EV market for years are right to be excited about it.

At the same time, if all the Bolt does is enhance the BEVs we are already driving, without attracting new owners, then I would not call it a success.

Back