Bolt Lease Advice

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcrcr

I've ordered a fully loaded Chevy Bolt Premiere, which will arrive soon, and am in the process of getting initial lease numbers worked out with the dealer.

I have done some basic research, and do I believe I understand the details of how leases (mostly) work, but am new to the process and would welcome advice.

MSRP on this configuration is $43510. I don't believe that, currently, many dealers are willing to go below MSRP on the 2017 Bolt. This dealer has indicated the same, and I believe that is relatively consistent with other Bolt customers on this forum and other forums who have worked with other dealers in the past couple weeks.

So, I am (wisely or unwisely) considering MSRP as a probable given cost of doing business for being an early adopter on the Bolt.

That said, the first round of proposed lease numbers from the dealer intuitively feel high to me, and I'd love some advice as to (1) if that is true, (2) what if anything looks off, and (3) what is the best path forward.

Here are what I think are the relevant numbers. (Let me know if there's anything I am not posting here which would provide additional insight.)

MSRP $43510
Selling Price $43510 (Discount $0)
Gross Cap Cost $44185 (MSRP + Doc + Acquisition Fee)
$2500 CCR from GM
$1073.89 of GM CCR applied Upfront (1 month advance payment + License Fee + ?)
$1426.11 of GM CCR applied as Cap Reduction
Net Cap Cost $42758.89
$0 Down from Customer
36 months
12k miles
59% residual
MF .000721
Monthly Payment (pre tax) $524.01
Monthly Payment (incl tax) $564.62

Any thoughts or constructive advice would be appreciated!

I have similar number worksheet from a dealer, with the diff being, 2k down, so the monthly is little lower that what you have.

I walked away from a deal similar to yours, $560 is way too much for a 36 month lease in my opinion, my advice to you would be to decline their offer.

leodoggie said:
I walked away from a deal similar to yours, $560 is way too much for a 36 month lease in my opinion, my advice to you would be to decline their offer.

Not to sound dense, but what in the above offer is way off? The numbers are in line with what others have seen so far. Putting those numbers into the lease calculator here: https://leasehackr.com/calculator/ brings in a calculated lease at around $548 out the door (w/ tax).

You are not being dense, if you read what I said precisely was in my opinion $560 is way too much to pay for a 36 month lease for a Bolt.

leodoggie said:
You are not being dense, if you read what I said precisely was in my opinion $560 is way too much to pay for a 36 month lease for a Bolt.

Yes it's outrageously high and it's idiotic to pay that much. If you can wait, wait a few months...just like the i3, this car's lease will drop considerably in the coming months.

At least part of the problem seems to be using almost half of the CCR (all you'll see of the federal $7500 credit) to make the first payment plus a high 'license fee." That's money that isn't reducing the MSRP. Tell them you want to make all of the payments yourself, want all $2500 applied to reducing the price, and will pay a $80 or $100 license fee.

rcrcr said:
I've ordered a fully loaded Chevy Bolt Premiere, which will arrive soon, and am in the process of getting initial lease numbers worked out with the dealer.

I have done some basic research, and do I believe I understand the details of how leases (mostly) work, but am new to the process and would welcome advice.

MSRP on this configuration is $43510. I don't believe that, currently, many dealers are willing to go below MSRP on the 2017 Bolt. This dealer has indicated the same, and I believe that is relatively consistent with other Bolt customers on this forum and other forums who have worked with other dealers in the past couple weeks.

So, I am (wisely or unwisely) considering MSRP as a probable given cost of doing business for being an early adopter on the Bolt.

That said, the first round of proposed lease numbers from the dealer intuitively feel high to me, and I'd love some advice as to (1) if that is true, (2) what if anything looks off, and (3) what is the best path forward.

Here are what I think are the relevant numbers. (Let me know if there's anything I am not posting here which would provide additional insight.)

MSRP $43510
Selling Price $43510 (Discount $0)
Gross Cap Cost $44185 (MSRP + Doc + Acquisition Fee)
$2500 CCR from GM
$1073.89 of GM CCR applied Upfront (1 month advance payment + License Fee + ?)
$1426.11 of GM CCR applied as Cap Reduction
Net Cap Cost $42758.89
$0 Down from Customer
36 months
12k miles
59% residual
MF .000721
Monthly Payment (pre tax) $524.01
Monthly Payment (incl tax) $564.62

Any thoughts or constructive advice would be appreciated!

In my dealer, here are the details. Lesser monthly payment, but have due at signing.

YEAR: 2017
MAKE: Chevrolet
MODEL: Bolt EV
TRIM: Premier
TRANSMISSION: Automatic
BODY STYLE: Hatchback
SEATS: 5
DRIVETRAIN: Front Wheel Drive
MILES PER YEAR: 10000
ENGINE: Electric Motor
PAYMENT: $379
DUE AT SIGNING: $4069
REBATE: $2500

Tell them you want all of the CCR applied to reducing the price, and you will make the first payment yourself.

Back