Climate Controls not working

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nutandbolt

I have had this happen to me 3 times in one month (and I've only had the car for 1 month): car driving normally, climate controls all OFF. I go to turn on defog by manually raising fan speed. As long as a I physically hold the manual button on, the fan works normal and goes to set speed. As soon as I release manual button, it ramps back down to zero and turns off! I try hitting Auto, Max Defog, turning the whole system (not the car, just the climate system) OFF then ON. Nothing works. Meanwhile I'm driving and my windows are fogging up! I find this very dangerous. A car restart seems to fix it (in that it's happened 'only' 3 times and I don't know why or when it happens),but it seems random. In 2 of the 3 cases, I had just been using my Android phone on Bluetooth before it happened. So I've stopped using my phone with the car. But then it happened a third time, again randomly this past week.

Anyone else have this? Or know how to fix on the fly - having to pull over and restart vehicle is not an option on freeway generally....

The fan shuts off when you are using your phone for a phone call. Maybe next time this happens try disconnecting your phone and see if anything changes.

UPDATE: have figured this out and it has not recurred - as mentioned in another thread - you have to wait for Infotainment center to boot up before driving away. If you just get in and start driving you can freeze the Infotainment system. This happens despite the READY light being on. Chevy should fix this. Ready light should not come on until all systems are go...

Chevy won't know about the problem unless it is reported, so unless people report it, it won't get fixed (hint, hint).

Back