Front parking camera stays on

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boltage

So it appears that there is a bug that causes the front parking camera to stay on even at high speed. Unfortunately, it also covers up the touch screen with the camera display, so there is no way to use any controls that are on the touch screen (and the radio on/off and volume knob has no effect). It also does not fix itself by turning the car off and then on again.

Is there a way to get the front parking camera display off the touch screen before one is able to get to the dealer for the software update?

boltage said:
Seems to have stopped misbehaving after the car was parked for several hours.

Yes, that's how I 'fixed' it too. I did not try rebooting - I think you have to hold down Home and Forward Seek at the same time, or some such - but it seems like that probably would have worked also.

I have not had this issue since updating the software, though I have still had other glitches.

Is TSB 17-NA-071 the one to upgrade the infotainment software to fix this problem?

boltage said:
Is there a way to get the front parking camera display off the touch screen before one is able to get to the dealer for the software update?

No need to hurry down the dealer for the update. I've had the new software for a little over a week, and today had the parking camera display remain on screen up to 70mph. So the update does not fix this problem. As far as I can see, it does not fix anything, and provides no improvement at all. YMMV.

Have you tried hitting the Home and Fast Forward button and holding for 15 seconds?
That should fix it with a reboot of the main screen.
Those buttons are next to the volume knob.

phil0909 said:
No need to hurry down the dealer for the update. I've had the new software for a little over a week, and today had the parking camera display remain on screen up to 70mph. So the update does not fix this problem. As far as I can see, it does not fix anything, and provides no improvement at all. YMMV.

Are you certain your dealer actually updated your radio? Others have reported that they are still at 13.4.0 following the "update" while it should be 14.1.0

BoltEV17 said:
Are you certain your dealer actually updated your radio? Other have reported that they are still at 13.4.0 following the "update" while it should be 14.1.0

Yes, I'm certain. I checked and saw the updated version number reported on the Bolt's display. V14.1.0 did not fix the parking camera display problem, and other problems remain too - spontaneous reboots and random black screens, for me.

Back