GM Re-Confirms Chevrolet Bolt EV To Ship To Dealers In Q4 2016

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivu

GM has re-confirmed this week that only a few months are left before the first deliveries of the company’s Chevrolet Bolt EV get underway to dealerships in the 4th quarter.

With an estimated range of over 200 miles (320 km) under EPA tests, the Bolt EV will be priced at around $30,000 after $7,500 federal tax credit. (GM is expected to announce official pricing and specs shortly)

General Motors Co. North America President Alan Batey re-confiremed the car and GM’s intentions on Wednesday, saying:

“We’re pioneering here with a product that the world’s never seen,”

Indeed, and for once this isn’t your typical automaker hyperbole, an affordable 200-mile electric car is truly a product not yet available anywhere in the global market yet, should lead the next generation of plug-ins sales to the next level.

The Chevrolet Bolt EV will be produced in Orion Assembly Plant in Orion Township and to be available in all 50 states (although not initially). It’s not know how many Bolts EV GM intends to sell annually – the consensus from analysts and GM’s own suppliers seems to indicate a level of about 25,000 once production is optimized.

“This is on the leading edge of technology. This is preparing ourselves for tomorrow and the future. This isn’t going to be the best-selling vehicle. It was never designed to be our best selling. This was designed for us to be able to get out, to be able to real world, to continue our leadership.”

I can't wait to see where they ship these cars this year. I hope that CA isn't the only place getting Bolts in Q4 2016. If NYC gets them too, I will be test driving one by the end of 2016. Exciting times!

Rivu said:
The Chevrolet Bolt EV will be produced in Orion Assembly Plant in Orion Township...
Am I the only amateur astronomer here who cringes every time GM pronounces "Orion" as "or ee on" instead of "oh rye un"?

SeanNelson said:
Rivu said:
The Chevrolet Bolt EV will be produced in Orion Assembly Plant in Orion Township...
Am I the only amateur astronomer here who cringes every time GM pronounces "Orion" as "or ee on" instead of "oh rye un"?

No. But what do the locals call their town? Is it GM butchering the name, or are they just going with local pronunciation?

SeanNelson said:
Rivu said:

I'm not an amateur astronomer but I see your point. The pronunciation seems pretty straight forward. Don't know why they botch it up.

Back