March Infotainment update

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, if there is a TSB, they should apply it and GM will reimburse their time. You should not have to pay for this, unless your car is out of warranty.

I highly recommend you don't go to the dealer and just request an update. Go there with a specific symptom(s) (get it from the TSB posted here on this forum).

Their whole system is set up to address customer symptom complaints and basically nothing else.

I had mine done today. I made an appointment, let them know of the TSB number, and they took care of it in about an hour. Platinum Chevrolet in Santa Rosa, CA. My software is now version 14.1, and none of my personal settings were affected. All in all, a terrific job.

phil0909 said:
drdiesel1 said:
I would recommend anyone with a Bolt built before 3-6-17, have all their control modules updated.

That's great, but my dealer flatly refuses to perform any such updates, unless I can report a specific, relevant problem that could be addressed by the update.

Can you tell us what issues are caused by the out-of-date control modules?

RYDELL Refused to give me the 14.1 update unless I could cite a problem, told them the camera would not work occasionally and the interface was glitchy, so they did it.

Android Auto is now flaky though.

ChevyCustomerCare said:
I'm really glad to hear that this update helped address your concerns! Please know that with the new capabilities of the Bolt EV, we are looking at future opportunities to upgrade vehicles post-purchase to better the ownership experience for our customers.

If you ever have questions about update availability, we recommend reaching out to your servicing dealership. You can also follow up with us to provide your VIN/dealer name, and we can reach out on your behalf to check!

To review GM's privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Kindly,

Amber G.
Chevrolet Customer Care

I wish GM would have more respect for their customers' time. Spending half a day or more at a dealer for problems they don’t fix is pretty common. “See your dealer” is often a pretty lousy and unproductive answer. So I hope GM gets their act together on OTA updates so that things that aren’t caused by physical problems can be solved by GM directly instead of requiring customers to spend a chunk of their lives on their malfunctioning car. There’s a reason Tesla owners almost universally love their cars despite the problems they have with them. GM maybe can’t fix the horribly broken stealership/dealership system out there, but they can do more to make visiting them less of a necessity.

"Can anyone confirm whether or not 14.1 is still the latest available version?"

Checking in on this again. Anyone know?

Back