Spark EV production ends

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DucRider

The Spark EV is not on the production schedule at the Changwon assembly plant after August, so will not likely be available alongside the Bolt. Not a real surprise, but in the states where it was available, it was a great little EV.
GM seems to have migrated at least some of what they learned from the Spark EV to the Bolt, so was as much of a trail run as a compliance car.

Get 'em while you can. Leases in CA are as low as $59/m (or $95 if you average in the drive-off fees), then CA cuts you a check for $2500 (or $4K for low income buyers). As close to a free car as you're ever going to see.

The factory lease offer is $139/m with $0 down (drive-off).

Too bad no offers like that exist in Canada - can't seem to even get a lease up here. Purchase only...

I wonder if I can lease on in California and drive it in British Columbia? :D

The Spark EV was a great little car. Even though I've never seen one, I am sad to see it disappear. I know much of its engineering will live on in the Bolt (and the Volt). I do think that there is a market for a cheap but exciting short-range commuter car like the Spark. I'm not surprised that GM has no interest in developing that market (i.e. advertising), though.

Back