Streaming Audio Error: Bug Or Would A Settings Tweak Fix It?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

Really enjoying the Bolt! :D

:arrow: Minor (but still irritating nonetheless) concern: when streaming music from my phone to the infotainment system, the start of each track abruptly skips over the first couple seconds or so.

As an example, please take a listen to the two included small audio files here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6qy8z5vme61dv6/Streaming%20Audio%20Error.zip?dl=0

The first recording is directly from my phone's speaker, while not connected to the car.
It's the end of one song into the start of the next.
The transition is normal; seamless.

The second recording is from inside the car while a bluetooth pairing is in effect.

It's the same two pieces of music, but you'll notice the skip at the start of the 2nd track (around the 7 seconds mark).

I've browsed the various menus & settings in the car and cannot locate a correlating feature to adjust to correct the matter. Reps at the local dealership were unfamiliar with the error and advised to inquire online.

Also, it's worth noting that this streaming glitch does not occur while listening to the phone directly or streaming via bluetooth to other devices, it's definitely unique to the car's audio system.

If you (or anyone on the forum!) has a fix, please let me know - thanks!

I've noticed the same problem with my iPhone. I think it's a bug with the Infotainment unit. Some people have described it as a fading in/out effect.

I think all we can do is call up GM and report the bug.

devbolt said:
I've noticed the same problem with my iPhone. I think it's a bug with the Infotainment unit. Some people have described it as a fading in/out effect.

I think all we can do is call up GM and report the bug.

Thanks for the feedback devbolt ;)

:arrow: Wondering if/when the AskChevrolet representative can comment on the matter?

I noticed this exact behavior for the first time a few days ago (picked-up my Bolt on 08/05/17).

I had used Apple Music with Apple Car Play initially and everything worked as expected. I tried using BT, and noticed the behavior the OP described. It’s a bit irritating, haha!! The cheap $14 BT adapter in my smart EV doesn’t do this. Weird.

Does anyone know if there are any TSB’s about this??

Back