Potential buyers want to know...

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanNelson

OK, so the first Bolt deliveries are just weeks away and soon the cars will be in the hands of actual owners who can give us the real scoop on them free of the GM "cone of silence". Myself and I'm sure other people considering the Bolt have questions we'd like the answers to. And if you're one of the lucky few who are favored with a Bolt this year, you'll be in a position to answer them!

So this thread is for questions that prospective buyers have and answers that owners are willing to share.

Let me kick off the thread by posing a few of my own questions:

• Can the Bolt charge at rates exceeding 50KW if connected to a charger capable of supplying more power? If so, how much?
  • How does the birds-eye view camera display work with large contrasts in light? Owners of other vehicles with similar systems sometimes report that the cameras in a shaded area (garage, for example) "go black" if other cameras are in bright sunlight.
  • Would it be possible to stow a spare tire in the well below the hidden cargo compartment beneath the false floor? There's a foam insert in there that holds the EVSE, tow hook, etc. - if the insert is removed would the space below it hold a full size or compact spare? If not, would a full sized or compact spare fit above that in the hidden compartment below the false floor?
  • How far do the driver and front passenger seats recline?

Back