Another road trip? LA to: ??

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kicoken

Since I think I have nothing to do this weekend I figured I might drive somewhere again, maybe just a day trip to collect more data on charging, efficiency, etc. Any suggestions or some really important data people might want?

Is there a way of knowing the actual charge rate of the unit before getting there? From your data you appear to getting anywhere from 30-40 Kw.

I know the ABB EVgo chargers are classified as 125A 50kW chargers so I feel pretty condifent I will get ~45kW on those. There was some other model charger, I am not sure who makes it but it has a big touch screen, that only did 100A. I have just been checking the pictures on plugshare and if I see that big screen, I skip that charger.

I have also been avoiding the chargepoint network since they are littered with 24kW chargers and I do not feel like picking through each site to find a 50kW (needle in a haystack).

Thanks for the reply, happy Bolting. With all the info gathering from good folks like you, I think I will be good to go, once my Bolt has been released from the black hole in Milpitais.

Back