Bolt $1,000 below MSRP

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sobayimage

I just signed the paper work for my new Summit White Premier Chevy Bolt for $1,000.00 off the MSRP. With license, taxes, fees and everything else I paid, out the door, $46,710.63 for a Bolt Premier with DC charging and all the other add-ons I could get. Martin Chevrolet of Torrance discounted the price $1,000.

Thanks for the details - good info for someone who is south of LA and San Francisco but can still get the same off MSRP pricing at a closer dealership

I congratulate you on your purchase(I am admittedly jealous) but I have to say "WOW!" $46,000 is hardly an affordable family car price. The $7500 Federal Tax rebate helps as does the $2500 CA rebate. But even then the car is $36,000. These cars are going to have to come down in price if they are to be sold in large numbers.

Lou

Yes, the car is not cheap, but it appears to be about average in cost. Edmunds estimates the US new car average transaction price (ATP) to be $ $34,077 in 2016. That does not include sales tax, license/registration fees, or doc fees. So a Bolt cost of $46,000 would have a transaction price of $42,200 or less after removing 9% state and local sales tax. Applying the US tax credit and $2500 CA rebate drops this to $32,200 or less, below the 2016 ATP. This is also for a fully loaded model - a version with fewer options would cost less.

Sources:

2016 ATP: https://www.edmunds.com/about/press/average-vehicle-transaction-price-hits-all-time-high-in-2016-according-to-edmundscom.html

ATP definition: https://help.edmunds.com/hc/en-us/articles/206102387-True-Market-Value-TMV-Pricing

Understood, and agree. However, I think that I was taken aback by the cost, when I recalled seeing all of the posts about the cost expected of the Tesla Model 3. I would assume that $46,000 will also get you a nicely loaded M3, if/when it is actually available. It was my(mistaken)impression that the Bolt EV would top out at a lower cost than the Tesla M3. Probably will, actually, because the fully loaded M3 will have options not available on the Bolt EV. Also, it is likely that in about a year's time, the Bolt EV may see significant reduction in selling price if the M3 is available. Right now GM has no incentive to work on the Bolt EV's price, there seems to be a market at the prices we are seeing.

Lou

Understand that the price quoted was out the door. For instance my car had an MSRP of about $39300 but I got it for $1000 off so the "price" of the car was $38300, but with the DMV fees of about $400 and taxes of about $3000 the total was $41700 out the door.

sobayimage said:
I just signed the paper work for my new Summit White Premier Chevy Bolt for $1,000.00 off the MSRP. With license, taxes, fees and everything else I paid, out the door, $46,710.63 for a Bolt Premier with DC charging and all the other add-ons I could get. Martin Chevrolet of Torrance discounted the price $1,000.

I had hopeful thinking they may come in a little cheaper when all was said and done. Congratulations to you I'm sure you will enjoy your new purchase:)

Back