Please stop the orange!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samiam95124

Please, please cannot we stop the metalic orange? Please?

It is giving me nightmares. I cannot believe anyone sane actually ordered that color.

Just STOP stop stop.

I don't hate it, but would never buy it.
However it may be the most popular, best selling color of them all.

I love the deep rich candy apple red, that is top coated with translucent red instead of clear coat adding another dimention.

However, from my observations, they are making (and presumably selling) more orange than any other. Probably nightfall grey is #2.

Black is at the bottom.
Cajun Red I think is second from the bottom.
Just makes mine more special.
:D

Mine is Orange, and I like it just fine. It is more of a copper color. Very nice actually. I got tired of silver or slate colored cars.

I think orange looks pretty cool honestly, although I think blue is better. White, silver, grey and black get so boring.

I used to have a Sunset Orange Saab 99, and it sure was easy to find in the parking lot!

There are too many boring colors on cars these days!

stolenmoment said:

This is absolutely the truth. If one could remove all of the black, gray, silver, white and, yes, beige cars on the road, there would be virtually no traffic.

Patronus said:
stolenmoment said:

This is absolutely the truth. If one could remove all of the black, gray, silver, white and, yes, beige cars on the road, there would be virtually no traffic.

The problem is that interesting colors are often extra cost colors now (as orange, red, and dark blue are on the Bolt).

At least most companies have not gotten to the point where there is only one color that does not cost extra (black on Teslas, white on some BMW and Mini models).

There's no accounting for "taste."

I leased a white one because I had to order it sight unseen. Thought white was the safest choice. It was. However, after seeing a red one on the road, I like red the best.

I totally agree with red. :D

IMG_4115.JPG

I think it's a nice orange and is a more unique color, very easy to find in parking lots. But also of course it just looks good. What I hate are all of the silver cars that are everywhere. So bland.

I went with black because I'm not a huge fan of contrast.

As an example, I prefer 'sport' version of trucks - that have color matched bumpers/mirrors etc.... instead of a contrasting grey plastic or worse, chrome. Another example is the Audi R8 'blades' behind the doors. Looks so much better colour matched.

I find the black 'accents' on the Bolt (front fender, wheel arches + rocker, and rear C pillar) make the car 'look' like an electric car. They all seem to have a quirky look to them.

With the car all black, it's just cleaner IMO.

My other car is a BMW X1 - I went with the 'M' Sport version to get the color matched bumpers and rockers. Much nicer.

Wookie said:
I went with black because I'm not a huge fan of contrast.

Black looks great on the right car.

My BMW is black but I'd NEVER buy/lease another black car again because it's such a PITA to keep looking clean. I have to always cover it to keep the dust off of it.

Knew that going in when I bought the BMW but the concern about the color was overcome by the deal I got on it. Howver, I did have to think about it to decide if I could live w/the color before buying it.

No way was I going to get my Bolt in black. 2 black cars in the garage would have been just too much. LOL!

Back