Video bypass for infotainment screen

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobolinko

Does any electronic wizzard on this forum own a bolt?

Im trying to get my infotainment screen to go black using a photo thats all black. It works when the car isn't moving but when the car moves on the road, it won't work due to the video lockout kicking in.

I'd like the screen off on long drives at night especially.

What's ts the iPhone or android nav input line that shows "movement" when the vehicle is in motion and can it be used to get the video to be all black?

Any input on this would be appreciated!

I have this problem on my 08 Chrysler Sebring hardtop convertible MyGig entertainment center screen.

I cut a piece of cardboard slightly larger than the opening and pop it into the screen.

Works nicely when I put the top down, seats back, radio on and watch the Persiods Meteor showers.

You may want to try the "night mode."

4 Dots --> Settings --> Scroll Down to "Display" --> Night Mode

Jeff

Much easier to use "low power mode" - press and hold the power button for few seconds. Instant black screen.

dandrewk said:
Much easier to use "low power mode" - press and hold the power button for few seconds. Instant black screen.
Sounds like an interesting and fast solution: What else "goes to black" in Low Power Mode?

It's easy to "wake up" the display. Simply touch the power button or change the volume.

Handy feature for long, night drives.

michaellax said:
Except for me, I need the radio to keep me alert for long night drives.

So far when I tried the low-power mode, it just shuts off the screen without turning off the radio. You should be able to control everything using the steering wheel buttons which should not turn on the center console screen.

So to be clear:

The night mode darkens both the drivers display and the center console.
The low power mode blacks out the center console.

Jeff

Back