Can anyone confirm using the 2019 seat cushion in a 2017?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfkBolt

Hello there,

I have found that the drivers seat in the 2019 BoltEV is notably more comfortable than the 2017.

The 2017 Seat Cushion Pad is GM PN 42522759

The 2019 Seat Cushion Pad is GM PN 42643694

Can anyone confirm if the 2019 seat Cushion pad would fit in the 2017? Yes, I have a cushion that sits on top of the seat, but it's a hassle to use, and I'd really rather just have the seat be comfortable.

Thanks in Advance,
Jim

Funny, I was looking at this same approach and was about to post what I found...

So, both the Bolt and the Volt 2019 use the same seat frames. They use different foam pads and different seat covers. It would appear that one could order foam pads and perhaps seat covers and significantly upgrade the Bolt seats. does anyone else have access to a Bolt and a newer Volt to take a closer look?

Tom

Hello there,

To answer my own question, the 2019 drivers seat cushion does fit into a 2017 Bolt EV. While it seems a touch better, being lower in the seat makes the back of the seat painful, so at least in my case, it had no good effect (trying to add extra padding didn't seem to help).

Jim

jfkBolt said:
Hello there,

To answer my own question, the 2019 drivers seat cushion does fit into a 2017 Bolt EV. While it seems a touch better, being lower in the seat makes the back of the seat painful, so at least in my case, it had no good effect (trying to add extra padding didn't seem to help).

Jim

Maybe you could upgrade the seatback cushion as well?

Back