Infotainment dead!

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdunmyer

2017, 17,000 miles: drove about 8 miles to an appointment, returned to the car an hour later, pressed the 'Go' button. The car started up as usual, driver's display working, but the infotainment screen was dead. Did the usual; shut down the car and restarted, pressed buttons aimlessly, said a few curse words, and headed for home. A couple of miles down the road, the familiar "Bolt" came up on the screen, and it proceeded to boot up as usual, radio working and all.

As far as I know, the software is current; I installed an update soon after I got the car in November of 2017, and the dealer installed another a few months later.

Anyone else have this problem?

I guess I can consider myself lucky that the driveline computer booted up OK.

???

Hello there,

2017 BoltEV. My Infotainment screen comes up blank maybe 2ish times a year. I recall doing a hard reset usually resolves it. I've had the steering wheel control lights fritz, but they came back after I parked the car for a bit.

Jim

Jim,
The Hard Reset is done by pressing the "Home" and "FF" buttons next to the volume control, is that right?

Jim also

I have seen the same thing about 3 times in 19 months. If you do nothing the watchdog timer in the Infotainment system appears to reboot itself after about 3 min. During that same time period, I have had to reboot my phone for some random glitch about 20 times ;-)

Back