climate control issues

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mauibolt1

My climate controls froze after water from the dashboard dribbled down onto the control buttons. I turned eveerything off and let the circuits 'dry'. When I next turned on the car, I found that some of the controls regained normal function. With more time I regained all but the vent control and defrosters. However the car cycles between heater and AC without the Auto control engaged. The heater which is not needed normaly by me is dominant and the car heats up to beyond comfort. I have temporarily removed the 5 amp fuse that controls the heater.
I would like to know if anyone has had this experience, or can offer some technical advice that will help me understand the control system to some degree before I very reluctantly bring the car down to the dealer.
The water was a very small amount, (perhaps a teaspoon) that could easily occur if cleaning the dash with a spray solution.
This was not the case, but I suggest extreme caution with any liquids near the counsel as it is obviously not moisture resistent.

Most likely your auto defrost is set to "on". This causes the heat and/or A/C to come on at inopportune times, even if the heat or A/C is set to off. It's a common issue and is buried in the settings. So a search for where it is if you can't easily find it.

Thank you,
I will double check,
But there are at least two other issues. The vent controls failing to respond and the Defrosters failing to respond. I bet been driving the car now for almost two years without these issues, although the auto function is useless do to the wide latitude if the thermostat.

Back