How can I read mpge while driving?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErnieR

In an earlier age, I had a ScanGuage in my Beetle TDI--it gave me continuous readouts on car properties. The usual interest was the mpg I was getting as I drove. I learned a lot about driving /car efficiency. For example, I saw how efficiency would vary with speed and road surface. I called the ScanGuage company today. They said they can't make a product for my car (2020 Bolt) because it doesn't follow any data standard. (Gassers have a standard system accessible at the OBD2 port.) I am hoping somebody will tell me the car already has an mpge readout option.

There's no way that I know of. The most meaningful metric to me (and most of us) is miles/kWh. You can get a rolling 5 mile average on your info screen.
You might be able to get this as an instantaneous readout by using Torque Pro. Check this out: https://allev.info/boltpids/

Thanks, Tom, a five minute average is just fine for my purpose. By the way, mi /kWh x 33.705 = mpge

Back