Charge Point Missing in Action

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshallinwa

I have to say I'm disappointed that I didn't see a Charge Point representative at our local National Drive Electric Week show last week in Steilacoom, Wa.

While I don't expect them to attend every show, however, when you have over 100 EVs and PHEVs in a show, it would seem they could make an effort to show up.

Why? It doesn't make sense to promo a product to people who don't already own the necessary equipment (an EV).

Those that have had their EV for 3 months (or more) either already have their EVSE, or know they aren't going to buy one.

The "Drive Electric" events would pretty much be a waste of time (IMO).

SparkE said:
Why? It doesn't make sense to promo a product to people who don't already own the necessary equipment (an EV).

Those that have had their EV for 3 months (or more) either already have their EVSE, or know they aren't going to buy one.

The "Drive Electric" events would pretty much be a waste of time (IMO).

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

1. There where many folks still kicking the tires on whether or not to get a PHEV or EV.
2. The are still folks with a PHEV that haven't bought an EVSE.
3. The L2 pubic charging stations here are either Charge Point or Sema. Missed opportunity to get folks signed up for Charge Point key ring card.
4. Sema was there, but Charge Point was missing in action.

We had ChargePoint's district manager at our event here in Bakersfield--not some flunky hired for the day. He was informed and could take action on suggested locations for DCFC stations.

Agreed, probably won't see them at future events, but they had a player at our event.

Paul

Back