Canada - When can we expect Bolts?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shane78

From what I've heard, California and Oregon are in the first wave of the rollout.... when does Canada get the Bolt EV?

From what I recall seeing, Q1 2017 (probably late Frebruary) is when deliveries will start in the Eastern Provinces with incentives

jimmyjon said:
Always eastern Canada first.....:)

So odd why the East Coast is always first . BC is just as or if not more electric vehicle orientated than the East Coast

First Bolt delivered in Canada (according to this site):
http://www.timetoelectrify.ca/1stboltev-canada-joewinkfein/

Canadas-1st-Bolt-EV-768x576.jpg

I bought a used 2014 Volt one year ago as my commuter car and as a baby step to move into the EV world. I fell in love with it right away. The drive is quiet, the regen breaking makes stop and go traffic a breeze. When I saw the Bolt unveiling last year, I realized this was the car for me and put a deposit down with Dean Myers Chevrolet Buick GMC Corvette in Toronto. They couldn’t put me in the system at the time, but would as soon as ordering opened. That happened towards the end of November, and my car was set to be built on the week of Dec 12th. That week came and went and it was pushed back over a month until the week of January 16th.

Hmm conflicting reports.

According to this place: http://technewsgazette.com/2017/02/05/first-chevrolet-bolt-evs-delivered-in-canada-through-dealerships/

First Bolts were delivered in BC, Ontario and Quebec.

Amongst the first Canadian customers to receive the highly anticipated Bolt EV are Samantha Mesrobian, director of corporate social responsibility at Scotiabank, and Claude Michaud, past President of Quebec-based RenoDepot.

“I chose the Bolt EV because I was impressed by the technology and innovation built into the car,” said Samantha Mesrobian, new Bolt EV owner. “It is the perfect car based on my current driving habits, and has a long range battery. There is no impact to my lifestyle other than reducing my carbon footprint. And that’s what my goal was.”

Although who really cares - it's finally here!

I did an inventory search on the chev site and they showed inventory in Langley and Surrey, I live in the valley so I didn't search Vancouver area. I sent a test drive request in and they called me told they were expecting some deliveries in like a week. I would assume anything coming in by train gets offloaded in surrey/delta/annacis and distributed from there.

IMAdolt said:
I did an inventory search on the chev site and they showed inventory in Langley and Surrey, I live in the valley so I didn't search Vancouver area. I sent a test drive request in and they called me told they were expecting some deliveries in like a week. I would assume anything coming in by train gets offloaded in surrey/delta/annacis and distributed from there.
Interesting, thanks for the update.

The salesmen I spoke with who indicated March/April were in Vancouver, I wouldn't have thought there would be that much of a difference - or perhaps they just weren't in the loop on Bolt deliveries (I've don't think I've ever met a salesman who could admit he didn't know something).

I'm guessing that the Surrey dealer is Barnes Wheaton, who have been running Bolt ads on Craigslist for a few weeks now.

I live in Vernon BC. I placed a deposit first week of November and from my prior research and the knowledge of the dealer we agreed that the Bolt would be delivered between mid Feb and mid March. A month ago the district manager GM said my dealer would receive one allocation for the Jan-Mar quarter and that would be my factory order. About a week ago I was told that the allocation was official and the build would be 2-3 weeks from then. Figure another 3 weeks for quality inspection and delivery so I should get my Bolt before the end of March.

Just throwing out a datapoint.

I ordered from Carter in Burnaby back in October. I was, I believe, 4th in line and ended up with a target production date of the week of Mar 6. They hit the date and shipped on I believe the Wednesday of that week?

Well the car is finally off the train, so picking it up this week. Both Carter locations had 10 allocated each, although I've now seen official pics of a Bolt running around with Dueck branding (although I thought they weren't getting any in).

The first ones to Carter, though, were delivered at the beginning of March. I actually got a chance to sit in them (albeit briefly) but definitely very nice.

ELIXBrice said:
I ordered from Carter in Burnaby back in October. ... Well the car is finally off the train, so picking it up this week. Both Carter locations had 10 allocated each, although I've now seen official pics of a Bolt running around with Dueck branding (although I thought they weren't getting any in).
Congratulations! I've decided not to leap without a good test drive, and I'm finding the slow rate of deliveries to be very frustrating since none of the dealers has a demo model yet or are able to say when they'll get one.

SeanNelson said:
Congratulations! I've decided not to leap without a good test drive, and I'm finding the slow rate of deliveries to be very frustrating since none of the dealers has a demo model yet or are able to say when they'll get one.

Oh, the delivery speed has certainly been difficult, particularly since I see people in Ontario who ordered months after me and have picked up already. I think the issue in BC is partly slow deliveries, partly lower priority than ON/QC. I can maybe find out how many allocations are already spoken for at Carter, although 20 total isn't a lot of cars.

ELIXBrice, if the one you sat in at Carter Burnaby was a Blue LT it was probably mine hahah. I took delivery at the end of February but before I did it was sitting at the dealership for about 5 days.

I test drove a red LT at the Langley dealer, was all decaled out and my understanding was it wouldn't be sold till the got more reliable stock or they allocation for the year was finished so it should still be there.

IMAdolt said:
I test drove a red LT at the Langley dealer, was all decaled out and my understanding was it wouldn't be sold till the got more reliable stock or they allocation for the year was finished so it should still be there.
Wow, someone actually has a demonstrator? Great info, thanks!

Back