Texas Bolt EV Experience

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 667

The Bolt EV will not be available for order in Texas until June and won't be available for sale at dealers until August but I've already seen three Bolt EVs in the DFW area. I saw a Bolt EV in LT trim at the Texas State fair last year and I also saw one in Premier trim at the Fort Worth Auto Show. Last weekend there was a Premier Bolt EV on display at Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine that an owner bought and had shipped from California.

Many dealers in Texas are gearing up to sell the Bolt EV. Many of the dealers in Texas are identified as providing Bolt EV sales and service on the Chevrolet.com website so these dealerships are already certified to support the Bolt EV. Classic Chevrolet just dedicated a whole building to sales of the Bolt EV and Volt that's a really nice place to just hang out and talk about EVs.

There are three strong EV communities in Texas, DFW metroplex, greater Austin and greater Houston. The Austin area has the most progressive green regulations in the state and is expected to have the greatest support for the Bolt EV. One added benefit of the Bolt EV in Texas is that the Bolt EV has the range to travel between all three EV communities using public CCS chargers whereas most of the non-Tesla EVs do not.

BoltWanabee said:
Many dealers in Texas are gearing up to sell the Bolt EV. Many of the dealers in Texas are identified as providing Bolt EV sales and service on the Chevrolet.com website so these dealerships are already certified to support the Bolt EV. Classic Chevrolet just dedicated a whole building to sales of the Bolt EV and Volt that's a really nice place to just hang out and talk about EVs.
I gotta say I was quite surprised by Texas. As a Canadian I've always thought of it as a kind of redneck "big oil" state. But last fall I had the opportunity to drive along the I-40 and never in my entire life have I seen so many wind turbines as I did in the stretch around Vega. I'm sure they went on for over 50km. It was quite unexpected.

It was great meeting everyone at Classic. When Buzz asked me if I could bring my Bolt, I thought it it was a good idea. Anything that we can do to continue to grow the EV world in Texas is a good thing.

Rob

Places like Texas, Arizona, and Florida should see good Bolt sales, because of the active battery cooling. Leafs have not prospered in that kind of heat.

Back