Seattle Area Dealership has Some Bolts.

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bolts must no be selling well in California. The dealers are starting to list Bolts here in the Puget Sound a bit early. Apparently, GM is diverting them to here from California.

Burien Chevy sales said they sold 20 of them so far and are getting some more this Thursday March 16.

marshallinwa said:
The Bolts must no be selling well in California. The dealers are starting to list Bolts here in the Puget Sound a bit early. Apparently, GM is diverting them to here from California.

Burien Chevy sales said they sold 20 of them so far and are getting some more this Thursday March 16.

Is Burien discounting or selling at MSRP ?

evnow said:
marshallinwa said:

Is Burien discounting or selling at MSRP ?

I didn't ask. I naively went up there Sunday thinking their web site was correct. I was told the Bolt would be there Thursday and that they had already sold 20 of them. So I'm assuming they will sell at close to MSRP for now. But, if you are interested, call them.

This of course begs the question: for cash buyers, If you can buy a Bolt here in Washington state, then can you now buy one in California and have it shipped to Washington state?

marshallinwa said:

I don't necessarily think it's an issue of them not selling well in CA or OR and thus new ones are being diverted. Washington state was already tentatively scheduled to get them next month (April). The fact that they are arriving 2 or 3 weeks early could be an indication that the factory has been able to ramp-up production faster than projected, or that transit times to the west coast have improved due to better weather. Just be happy that they're arriving earlier than originally planned.

devbolt said:
marshallinwa said:

I don't necessarily think it's an issue of them not selling well in CA or OR and thus new ones are being diverted. Washington state was already tentatively scheduled to get them next month (April). The fact that they are arriving 2 or 3 weeks early could be an indication that the factory has been able to ramp-up production faster than projected, or that transit times to the west coast have improved due to better weather. Just be happy that they're arriving earlier than originally planned.

The salesman used the word divert. The cars are being diverted from California. He didn't say that GM was shipping early. The other dealer said they were getting cars from California.

So why wouldn't California dealers take everything they can get and sell them at MSRP? To me, this seems to suggest that the Bolt sales have slowed, and at least some dealers are scaling back some of their orders.

Note, the number of cars being diverted is not exactly a large amount. So far, we are seeing about a half dozen Seattle dealers showing 8 to 40 cars on their web site. The other dealers in the Puget Sound area are still not showing Bolts on their web site.

Edit, I just read a thread on one of the other Bolt forums, that a Colorado dealer has also bought Bolts from a California dealer. I now see other dealers in Puget Sound now showing Bolts on their web site.

Back